Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Gear

Highway_Chile

Hi,

Might be something of nothing but I recently purchased a 2013 Ford Fiesta 100ps ecoboost in blue, it had only 7,000 on the clock.

Now I'm not sure if it is just me getting used to the car or a potential problem,but getting it into reverse is temperamental.

Sometimes it goes first time, other times it makes that horrible squealing noise. Is it like this was a fault or something I just need to adjust to?

Thanks 

I think they all like that i used to put my in 4th then reverse and it akways went in better. Hope this helps

• Like 1

I have had a few Fiestas over the years and have always had difficulty selecting reverse gear, I should not worry about your problem, every morning when I have to reverse out of my garage I just have to make sure that it is engaged properly otherwise I get a grating sound.

As Above ^^

The 5 speed box on the fiesta is renowned for getting into reverse.

When I owned a Fiesta had the exact same problem to make sure just select 1st move very slightly forward (Just a nudge) then select reverse and it will easily shift in. Hated that about the fiesta.

Thanks everyone :) pleased to hear it isn't just mine, even though it's a shame it seems to be an on going problem

its on going because thats the way they are, theres no sychromesh on reverse so the b5/ib5 will allways be like that, there was a slight9 improvement in 2010 when a modified 5th gear synchro clutch slowed down the input shaft while engaging reverse.

it basicaly is a box designed 34yrs ago,

I used to find double clutching helped in my Fiesta.

Also make sure you are not moving forwards even a little bit when trying to engage reverse.

• Like 2

Non-synchro'd reverse is so annoying, I usually just crunch them in as I'm an impatient bugger! :laugh: 

Fortunately the Focus is synchro'd but still doesn't like reverse from a standstill, I find lifting the clutch slightly while pulling the knob slips it in with minimal effort though.

Do we really need to know about your knob pulling? Lol

• Like 1

Ha, well I just thought it might help other people get it in easier. :wink: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club