Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel doctor

Taylor22

Has anyone from the north east heard of the company diesel doctor? It's a mobile car mapping company and they only charge £100 for a remap as opposed to £299 from Durham remaps which includes a rolling road before and after and has a well known reputation from where I'm from. When I saw the price so low at this other place awhile back I ignored it thinking he was either ripping people off of doing a substandard job however months later and his reviews on Facebook are just growing and growing and he has loads of 5 stars and no poor reviews so I'm thinking maybe he is just genuinely cutting his profit margin to get more business like he says. Just wanted to see if maybe anyone on hear has use for knows anyone who has used him? 

hi mate i had mine done of them while ago they were good, taking mine back to dark slide automotive in hartlepool who have quoted better figure as i have upgraded to straight through exhaust. Durham remaps use rolling road so paying for slight better map and a printout, dsl are doing offer over bank holiday weekend for £60

I reflashed one of my previous cars myself, very simple to do if you have the right map and took only a few minutes, I am guessing with diesel doctor you are simply paying for someone's time to plug the laptop into the car, read and save the old map then reflash the ECU with the new map - you would be paying for the time and the tested map.

With any remapping service that uses a rolling road it will be more expensive due to the time on the rollers (they aren't cheap), and it would give a slightly better result as it would be mapped to your car and checked vs a slightly more generic map.

I believe that both businesses would be good, its just that 1 business owns a rolling road so can charge more for the additional service vs the convenience of a mobile mapper.

15 hours ago, ajzetecs said:

hi mate i had mine done of them while ago they were good, taking mine back to dark slide automotive in hartlepool who have quoted better figure as i have upgraded to straight through exhaust. Durham remaps use rolling road so paying for slight better map and a printout, dsl are doing offer over bank holiday weekend for £60

I've heard of them before and the diesel Dr says he uses same system as them, he says it will be £150 off him but darkslide at 100 is even better and they also do wheel spraying so I think I'll be going there so thanks for the recommendation. Where are you from exactly BTW? 

They use new software which is better than diesel doctor, had mine in today and amazing results for £60, am from peterlee

Well it's cheaper and the fact they have a fixed unit as opposed to mobile mapping makes them feel a bit more professional in my eyes so I'm sold. Also the spraying wheels cheap is a bonus cause I was looking to get both done anyway. You wouldn't happen to know any good bodyshops would you I'm looking to get some work done but the ones in Durham are asking for ridiculous prices. 

4 hours ago, Taylor22 said:
4 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

Well it's cheaper and the fact they have a fixed unit as opposed to mobile mapping makes them feel a bit more professional in my eyes so I'm sold. Also the spraying wheels cheap is a bonus cause I was looking to get both done anyway. You wouldn't happen to know any good bodyshops would you I'm looking to get some work done but the ones in Durham are asking for ridiculous prices. 

As with any paint/bodywork job shop around for quality not price...

I'm not looking for the cheapest as such just not gonna pay £380 to get some plastic parts sprayed when ive seen numerous other people getting the exact same work done well for £200. 

They do quality spraying seen few examples in person and can see on facebook photos, most charge around 100 to 120 pounds for wheel spaying round our way

• 3 years later...

If it is the same diesel doctor I’m thinking about who comes under the name Gary wood I would strongly advise to stay clear from him and any of the services the muppets has to offer he is one arrogant self taught wanna be mechanic who cost me hundreds & caused more harm than good to my motor his Atitdude stinks & he acts like it’s a chore for him to be there fixing ones car nothing but a total conman 

On 4/11/2020 at 7:10 PM, Mark2079 said:

If it is the same diesel doctor I’m thinking about who comes under the name Gary wood I would strongly advise to stay clear from him and any of the services the muppets has to offer he is one arrogant self taught wanna be mechanic who cost me hundreds & caused more harm than good to my motor his Atitdude stinks & he acts like it’s a chore for him to be there fixing ones car nothing but a total conman 

Did you create this account just to post this? haha