Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updating the Stereo

Highway_Chile

Hi all,

I only have a Zetec ecoboost Fiesta but wanted the DAB stereo that's in the Titanium.

Does anyone know the best place to upgrade the stereo or is there a cheaper alternative to getting a DAB on a Zetec? 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Highway_Chile said:

Hi all,

I only have a Zetec ecoboost Fiesta but wanted the DAB stereo that's in the Titanium.

Does anyone know the best place to upgrade the stereo or is there a cheaper alternative to getting a DAB on a Zetec? 

Thanks 

The Zetec (Ecoboost) should already have DAB. If you keep pressing the "Radio" button, it will cycle through FM, FM1, AM, AM2, DAB, DAB 2 etc. The Titanium simply has a Sony Headunit (also DAB) which looks slightly different to the Zetec. If you simply just want DAB, yours should already have it

My zetec s also doesn't have dab

I checked the radio today and definitely no DAB on there . Perhaps it was introduced on the '14 plate models

I have a 64 plate and still no dab

If you change the head unit, which I am not sure if its the same connections, you would also need to change the Arial as, I believe, DAB uses a different type of Ariel to FM.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks for that . So perhaps I need to look in to buying a new aerial as opposed to a head unit. Thanks

Zetec spec does not have dab at all btw only as a optional extra 
but get a dab radio or sony radio the connects are the same i have heard but dont know personally but again the DAB areal is needed ye can get them maybe modify it to fit fiesta or get a used one from ebay 

another alternative is a module ford supply to add it in for think it was £100 but ye have to go to a certain radio station and wait till the adapter kicks in for dab :) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paramanic said:

Zetec spec does not have dab at all btw only as a optional extra 
but get a dab radio or sony radio the connects are the same i have heard but dont know personally but again the DAB areal is needed ye can get them maybe modify it to fit fiesta or get a used one from ebay 

another alternative is a module ford supply to add it in for think it was £100 but ye have to go to a certain radio station and wait till the adapter kicks in for dab :) 

Nice! All my Fiestas have had DAB (company car, courtesy car, my car) so I assumed on zetec and above it was dab (in facelift?) Clearly mine have had people hosing dab for me! :) 

nope only a optional extra the only model with dab standard is Titanium :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paramanic said:

nope only a optional extra the only model with dab standard is Titanium :) 

I just wish the USB played music from Android now, rather than through bluetooth. Can't have everything i suppose!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club