Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

TV'S looking at reviews ??

jace1969

You are only future proofing with a 4k TV if you are either really close to the TV or are buying over 65".

Otherwise you are just throwing money away.

If you have the room I'd take a 55" 1080p over a 4k 50" any day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You are only future proofing with a 4k TV if you are either really close to the TV or are buying over 65".

Otherwise you are just throwing money away.

If you have the room I'd take a 55" 1080p over a 4k 50" any day.

Well i aint that far away from it,well can sit closer if needed and see i already have the Samsung with all the spec on it just  a few stuff.

Just wanted as much on as poss then i aint just buying a same spec tv,i do 100% see you point,this why i went without 3D on the one im after

as i have one and never use it,my older one is only 40'' so just wanted bigger with more spec,there is always some bad points on all,

Time to go and take another look around,seems the better one out all i have looked at.

Thanks to all for there advice and feedback,all top class like normal.

Went for the sony what i put on here,2 other people at the same time was having the same one,they said they

sell very well in the last 2 weeks,5 left in stock so here we go to have a mess now.

• Like 1

I have set it up and all A1,Dam good picture in HD but the 4K watching some video clips on Youtube are mind blowing.

The detail are another thing.

What i want to ask is i have it running off the old virgin V+HD box as the tivo is in another room,does the old V+HD box push 1080p as

all i have is either 720p or 1080i so what would you pick,i have it on 720p and its still amazing picture.

• Like 1

^ I think 1080i is supposed to be slightly better than 720p but could be wrong. Isn't it connected with HDMI? I thought anything supporting HDMI would support 1080p.

17 hours ago, Phil 87 said:

^ I think 1080i is supposed to be slightly better than 720p but could be wrong. Isn't it connected with HDMI? I thought anything supporting HDMI would support 1080p.

Yes all done by Belkin HDMI but there is no option on the old V+HD box to pust out the signal in 1080p like on the Tivo has.

Also is this right,normal channels like say itv/bbc on freview HD is only 720p/1080i and sky/virgin some are full HD being fibre cable.

Ok just had a reply off the virgin online forum and the sky one and they both say the boxes wont take full HD as only send out 720p/1080i.

T.V's with 1080p can take full HD but from other sources  like Youtube/Amazon/Netflix etc and even 4K on these and tried.

Sure this is not true as i can see the point say on normal Freeview HD being on the house Aerial.

I would like to know 100%on this as this has come from the 2 top people.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club