Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 De-Tango

alexavfc

I would say with the bulbs i used they are only about 70% as bright as the stock ones.

Of course I don´t know the legal situation in the UK,

but I guess that´s why those cheap silver indicator bulbs are not street-legal over here (Germany/Austria).

I also used the PHILIPS SilverVision and they are as bright as the orange stock ones.

k3a5cxnt.jpg

regards

Of course I don´t know the legal situation in the UK,

but I guess that´s why those cheap silver indicator bulbs are not street-legal over here (Germany/Austria).

I also used the PHILIPS SilverVision and they are as bright as the orange stock ones.

k3a5cxnt.jpg

regards

I see that you used both osram, philips bluevision and silvervision for the total conversion.

I read from another member some complaints about the insufficient amount of light produced by some of these 'aftermarket' bulbs

Question1: Should I use the philips bluevision w5w for the license plate or go for the philips Crystal Vision W5W Xenon Look?

the second one sounds more promising but you should know better.

Question2: the other bulbs that I saw in your photo are the optimal-performing-ones? (lol)

thnx for the help! :lol:

edit: I also wanted to ask you , which bulbs are suitable for the interrior lighting , to be more specific the bulbs under the driver and the passenger footwell ( hope I spelled it correctly).

can I find (can you tell me :lol:) the correct red ones?

thnx again!

I read from another member some complaints about the insufficient amount of light produced by some of these 'aftermarket' bulbs

I can´t confirm that,... especially the NightBreaker are awesome, imho B)

(What you should remember is, that they have a shorter lifetime :( )

Question1: Should I use the philips bluevision w5w for the license plate or go for the philips Crystal Vision W5W Xenon Look?

Never heard of the Philips Crystal Vision W5W Xenon Look :huh:

I use the bluevision W5W only for "stand lights". Find them not whiter then the original, they just look cool when the car stands/lights are off :P

For the license plate I used SMD_leds.

Question2: the other bulbs that I saw in your photo are the optimal-performing-ones?

Because of the lifetime issue, I got the XtremePower for "lower beam", the should last longer.

edit: I also wanted to ask you , which bulbs are suitable for the interrior lighting , to be more specific the bulbs under the driver and the passenger footwell ( hope I spelled it correctly).

Just search at eBay for leds W5W ( SMD_leds are the brighter ones ;) )

Leds I used:

7tfsqhjq.jpg

So, conclusion

I will have to buy red w5w led for the interrior and white w5w for the license plate? :huh:

ps: you think the led is more bright than the philips w5w huh?

Yes :)

Reason why I chose leds for the license plate: They are much whiter (as you can see in my picture above ;) )

Yes :)

Reason why I chose leds: They are much whiter (as you can see in my picture above ;) )

thnx! :rolleyes:

I didnt want to use eBay (credit cards & stuff) but... :(

• 9 months later...

Ok please help me here guys

1. What is De-Tango?

2. While we on the bulbs, ive bought some cheap white globes and they say they awesome but they kak so any good HID Kits, globes etc you guys recommend?

Ok please help me here guys

1. What is De-Tango?

2. While we on the bulbs, ive bought some cheap white globes and they say they awesome but they kak so any good HID Kits, globes etc you guys recommend?

de-tango is removing the orange indicator bulbs from your car so that it removes the orange blobs you see , ive removed the front and rear orange bulbs and replaced with the philips silver vision its a long and tricky process espicially the rear lights ,as for the mirror lights didnt bother as these seem a waste of time and also seem very tricky :)

can you maybe upload some pictures of how they look? Where can i buy them? Thanks for the reply though

can you maybe upload some pictures of how they look? Where can i buy them? Thanks for the reply though

mate do a search , there is a few photos on these forums of the de-tango process that people have posted, theres also a sticky thread about the changing of lights , as for places to buy them you can get them off eBay and places like powerbulbs :)

ooooooopsie :rolleyes: thanks man will do. know its bit off topic but what do you call the ford badges that are different colors?