Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parcel shelf standard?

paulmannion

Dear all, I'm picking up a used Zetec S on Friday and it didn't have a parcel shelf. I've ordered a replacement and noticed that Ford parts UK also sell boot trim to support it.

Can anyone let me know if a 2009 Zetec S came with a parcel shelf as standard?

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel!

They're great looking and driving cars.

by parcel shelf do you mean one next to window or the boot organiser shelf? 

I mean in the boot.

To fit one of these: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_parcel_shelf_2008-2012_f_1781752_c_417.htm

I've noticed in pictures some don't seem to have one. I assumed mine was missing but I wasn't sure whether they didn't come as standard? Like the floor mats!

should be standard mate 

2 hours ago, paulmannion said:

I mean in the boot.

To fit one of these: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_parcel_shelf_2008-2012_f_1781752_c_417.htm

I've noticed in pictures some don't seem to have one. I assumed mine was missing but I wasn't sure whether they didn't come as standard? Like the floor mats!

£52! Your joking right! OUCH.

Depending on your garage, if they have other fiestas (same model) then just ask for a parcel shelf to be in it. When we noticed a fiesta/focus about to be collected by a customer, we always made sure a parcel shelf was in them (as they came as standard) - so we just took them out of another fiesta and the process carried on!

I'de ask for one before you spend £50

Haha, that's brilliant. I will. I'll ask about mats too. It's a second hand dealer though and I didn't notice any others on the forecourt. Got a one owner silver '09 car with 50k for £4,750 with 12 months MOT. I used the lack of shelf to get a bit more off, that and it needs the belts doing next year.

Try a breakers as a last resort, they'll charge somewhere around £20! (Had to get one when our son bought his mk6 facelift)

mats don't come as standard, I haggled to get a set of rubber mats chucked in. As for the parcel shelf, definitely comes as standard and well worth looking at a breakers yard or even eBay on the offer chance

I'd try and find one of the latest parcel shelf's, they are a bit thicker and look better than the old shelf.

String attachment is also different too.

$_57 (2).JPG