Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Smell

ZetecShearer1987

Hi guys

Is there a way of getting the new ford smell back in my car.

is there a spray that exists or anything else.

You cant beat a new ford smell

thanks ive ordered one. 

• Like 1

I can't believe that's a genuine thing!  Do all the manufacturers have a smell? :laugh:

You can never quite get the exact smell back, because it is mostly from the fabric and plastics, probably slightly toxic, lol.

I have had california scents before as I prefer having a "set and forget" air freshener, but might give this a go as I've got nothing in the ST while the new car smell was still going, pretty much worn off now though :(

I need to find somewhere to put it and hope it doesn't leak....can't cope with things like this on show, haha.

10 quid raid the wifes febreeze and air fresheners its probably the same stuff lol

• Like 1

Yeah manufacturers are very different in their smell. Not liking the smell of my Focus much, so time to break out the Gliptone leather pad, makes the car smell more 'British', like an older Jag or Rover did.

Old Jag or Rover smell?

You mean pipe tobacco and rust? 😃

Sent from my SM-G930F

That comment is unworthy of you Clive - you know perfectly well that Fords of a similar vintage rusted just as effectively. :laugh:

• Like 1

Old Fords don't rust, they slowly recycle themselves 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

lol Well ive had a number of both Rovers and Fords, Fords had their advantages, but they sure as hell had the rust..

Seriously though, I find British cars just smell better, whether its the parts sources I dont know, but even an MG ZT I had, which was quite German in its parts and design, still had the smell. Its less chemically, and more leathery. Gliptone products really bring that feel.

I've clearly never had that british smell any car I've fixed smells of McDonalds cigarettes (I smoke so its bad) mould and must damp or just stink the Kia has a leather smell to it which is quite nice from the steering wheel and leather trim

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club