Do Not Sell My Personal Information

engine malfunction

mrmetallica

started getting this the other day.thought it was the plug in the passenger foot well .when i play with the wires it seems to go of,is it coincidnce or is it the wire ?cant seem to see anything.

well ive got the elm cable and a focom cable but the focom software isnt installing properly . is focom compatible with windows 10 ?

any one help need to sort this out not sure where to try next.

sounds like the dash cluster or dash cluster wiring no idea why but suddenly this year I've seen a spate of them its easy to tell with the car running undo the 2 screws holding the cluster in place remove cluster but keep multiplug attatched and wiggle the wires you'll suddenly get a malfunction message restarting the car will clear it you'll also get high speed can faults the most common place for the wiring is where its clipped in with a metal clip the wiring seems to break there

1 hour ago, artscot79 said:

sounds like the dash cluster or dash cluster wiring no idea why but suddenly this year I've seen a spate of them its easy to tell with the car running undo the 2 screws holding the cluster in place remove cluster but keep multiplug attatched and wiggle the wires you'll suddenly get a malfunction message restarting the car will clear it you'll also get high speed can faults the most common place for the wiring is where its clipped in with a metal clip the wiring seems to break there

when i play with the wires on the passenger side lower plug it goes of not sure if its coincidence or not .i cant see anything wrong with the wires .

got these codes coming up. any ideas what they are ? been looking all day no real answers.

cleared them all will see how it goes

U2023 Fault Received From External Node
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U2202 Invalid Configuration Data Received
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C1278 STEERING Wheel Angle 1and 2 Signal Faulted -
U1900 CAN Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error
U2012 Communication Bus Error (Non SCP)
C1446 Faulty brake switch circuit: Open or short circuit
=================================================================================

U2510 CAN - Invalid data for Vehicle Security.

just been out in the car and it pulled great and drove great.

if the codes are left in the car will it still sound alarm warnings ?

hopefully its ok

its the cluster or wires the u codes high speed can suggest this you'll find after so many cycles of the ignition it will comr back the wires connect into the loom so if its a cluster wire it coil be a break anywhere from the cluster to the fuse box

16 hours ago, artscot79 said:

its the cluster or wires the u codes high speed can suggest this you'll find after so many cycles of the ignition it will comr back the wires connect into the loom so if its a cluster wire it coil be a break anywhere from the cluster to the fuse box

i hope your right.

started coming on a lot know ,the engine light is on all the time and keeps coming up with engine mailfunction and limp mode .

will chck the speedo and go from their

Take photo with phone to remember where everything goes unplug everything on the fuse box and take it out of the car. Spray everything the electrical cleaner ( not WD40) I slightly bent every connector as per RAC man, to much and the connectors won't go back on.

im really at a lose .ive looked at the speedo all seems fine.ive got passenger seat out and when i play with the wires it goes of but not always .cant see anything amiss.

will try fuse box tomorrow bit dark now.

any help would be good .

high speed can errors random engine management lights false codes usually I cluster or cluster wiring the fuse box only relates to mk1 where the pollen filter was in the footwell mk2 doesn't have that issue you say looked at the speedo not sure if you did as suggested pull it out completely with multiplug attatched and engine running clear the codes restart engine then try the wiring sometimes even banging on the dash will throw the light on had a similar issue and got rid of the thing

2 hours ago, artscot79 said:

high speed can errors random engine management lights false codes usually I cluster or cluster wiring the fuse box only relates to mk1 where the pollen filter was in the footwell mk2 doesn't have that issue you say looked at the speedo not sure if you did as suggested pull it out completely with multiplug attatched and engine running clear the codes restart engine then try the wiring sometimes even banging on the dash will throw the light on had a similar issue and got rid of the thing

i did take the speedo out and pulled on the wires and plug but didnt make it throw up errors.it seems to do it when i play with the wireing in passenger foot well ,not sure if it coincidence or not .not sure what else to look for

right had enough now.

thought id found the problem ,the fuse box looks like it had some water on it .cleaned it up cleaned all the pins and the fault still happens.

it seems every time i play with the wires in passenger footwell the alarm goes of .just cant see any thing just left it and the alarm goes of every time i turn the key now.

could it be a simple broken wire causing it ? 

any help would be appreciated .

it could be a few broken wires by the sound of it the problem is which ones and where youve got more patience than me i just traded the bloomin thing in

1 hour ago, artscot79 said:

it could be a few broken wires by the sound of it the problem is which ones and where youve got more patience than me i just traded the bloomin thing in

my problem is i cant afford to trade it in

found the fuse box was like this

20160504_105102.jpg

could this have cuased damage some where ? dont know how its got like that ..ive cleaned it up and its better .

will be back on it tomorrow

that can certainly cause the issues you're having cleaning it up may work otherwise its a new fuse box

13 minutes ago, artscot79 said:

that can certainly cause the issues you're having cleaning it up may work otherwise its a new fuse box

the enging warning light comes on when the car is just standing and not running.

when i checked for codes it said theft detected imobiliser switched on or something like that .

you have got problems then try cleaning it up hopefully that works if not the whole fuse box will need replaced in not sure if its a straight swap or if any coding I needed

17 hours ago, artscot79 said:

you have got problems then try cleaning it up hopefully that works if not the whole fuse box will need replaced in not sure if its a straight swap or if any coding I needed

ive cleaned it up.even desoldered the on board relays,there was gung under the relays so cleaned the board and the relays up and resoldered them but still the same.

not sure if its just a fluke that when i move the wires that the alarm goes off or its the wire.just cant see any breaks .been on it all day.

what part on the fusebox would be the actual one to look for ?

what number on the sticker is the one i need for getting another fusebox please20160505_193316.jpg

7M5T14A073DE is what you need to look for.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Just now, Stoney871 said:

7M5T14A073DE is what you need to look for.

Sent from my SM-G930F

cheers bud.

is the DE crytical ? seen one on eBay no  7M5T-14A073-JG 

would that do or does the number have to be the same

service as rated by buyers. 14-day returns. A free delivery option.">  

The higher lettering usually denotes an updated version which would handle functions on higher spec cars.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you go higher.

Tbh though, seeing as you're having such problems now, fitting a higher spec board may not be beneficial to you.

I found this one for you-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141952844916&alt=web

Not cheap but looks clean.

I'd as them for a picture of the underside though to be sure though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

4 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

The higher lettering usually denotes an updated version which would handle functions on higher spec cars.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you go higher.

Tbh though, seeing as you're having such problems now, fotting a higher spec board may not be beneficial to you.

I found this one for you-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141952844916&alt=web

Not cheap but looks clean.

I'd as them for a picture of the underside though to be sure though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

i no like £128

ive seen one with the same number but JG instead of DE do you think it would be ok ? the guy recons the de is crucial .it says push button start .

do they really have to be coded to the car ?

If it's the same model number and from alike for like car then it is plug and play. If it is a different model it may need some options setting up with diagnostics.

13 minutes ago, simcor said:

If it's the same model number and from alike for like car then it is plug and play. If it is a different model it may need some options setting up with diagnostics.

ive got elm so not a problem .would a tdci one with push button start work on my petrol car ?