Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Candy Red Focus Titanium

chrisroberson99

17 hours ago, MrRedman said:

Nice motor good luck with the test 

I passed many moons ago age 17 and 1 month and yes I had 2 crashes in the 1st 18 months so simcor has a point.

my advice don't have the radio on for a month to begin with Crapital will only distract you ! 😂😂

I can echo that advice!  The other morning on the way into work I thought I'd turn the radio on, and it happened to be Radio 2.  60 seconds of Chris Evans and I was almost driving into a ditch...

Classic FM is alright though.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2016 at 9:48 AM, chrisroberson99 said:

Cheers, yes I'm even more determined now than I was before, and my license should be here next week all ready for June. Hopefully the DVLA will spell my name correctly this time! :wallbash:

No, it'll take them 3-4 attempts to get it right, and by which time they will have messed up another detail. 

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I can echo that advice!  The other morning on the way into work I thought I'd turn the radio on, and it happened to be Radio 2.  60 seconds of Chris Evans and I was almost driving into a ditch...

Classic FM is alright though.

If Chris Evans came on whilst I was driving I'd be heading for the nearest bridge to drive off! :yucky:

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

No, it'll take them 3-4 attempts to get it right, and by which time they will have messed up another detail. 

Don't say that...hopefully they will prove they have some competence and my license will turn up this week...

42 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

If Chris Evans came on whilst I was driving I'd be heading for the nearest bridge to drive off! :yucky:

Don't say that...hopefully they will prove they have some competence and my license will turn up this week...

Yes, I can't stand the irritating twit. 

What?  DVLA and competence in the same sentence!?  Don't be stuipid Chris :laugh:

On 5/1/2016 at 11:30 AM, simcor said:

As I say good luck and lets hope you never have an accident, however that does sort of highlight the issue somewhat these days, people want to know their loved one is safe because of airbags and safety features, none of them can make someone drive safely or at the right speed for the conditions etc, they can certainly help in the case of an accident and even save lives, but it is easier in my opinion to learn in a car without all the safety features in cars these days as people can learn how to control a car properly without expecting various ECU's to intervene. Sorry if it sounds like I am being preachy but I learn't to drive 20 years ago in cars that did not even have power steering let alone ABS/EBD/TC etc etc.

I wish the test would be changed so people are taught to drive properly in the real world and taught on a skid pan etc as people would be able to react to a situation much better, I also believe the test should be made a lot harder as people can pass a test that are dangerous and should not be on the road and yet they are given a licence. The test is merely the minimum required standard to get your licence.

Anyway I am trying to not go off on a tangent and not doing very well at it lol

Nice motor anyway.

Totally agree - the test standards are a bit low, and young drivers should be taught defensive driving, even if optionally.

Chris - I remember you whinging that people in sixth form were getting brand new cars as their first car. Your's is (almost) a brand-new car - it is so new that I would call it one. :tongue:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and hopefully you don't have any accidents, or even scratches! :smile:

• Like 1

Cheers! Haha yeah it will be nice to have a car of my own, although I wouldn't have minded what the age was! (Although a newer one is always nice :tongue:)

Yeah let's hope not, I certainly don't plan to!

• Like 1

Well today I managed to spend the whole day fiddling with the car, fitting the mud flaps and washing it. So of course I took some photos...

Thought I would clean the insides of all the wheels whilst they were off...

Before:

20160507_152321.jpg

After!

20160507_153000.jpg

Snowfoamed!

20160507_170108.jpg

The end result!

IMG_20160507_183057.jpg

20160507_230825.jpg

All I can really say is, I love it. The Ecoboost engines is astounding, and I can't wait to get behind the wheel properly.

• Like 3

Well i spent the morning vacuuming and cleaning the interior, the dealership didn't do a very good job IMO. 

New number plates and carpet mats are on the "to do" list next. :smile:

Alright maye how easy was mud flaps to fit?

Thy weren't too difficult, but we're a wheel off job in order to get to the fixings. Front ones required a bit of drilling but nothing major! 

• Like 1

I fitted the mudflaps to my old Mk3 with wheels on :tongue:

• Like 1

Hi Chris. Nice car and glad you like it. Where did you get those mudflaps from? I'm after some for mine.

• Like 2

wheels on to do flaps

bought mine off eBay for £10 inc postage from china, virtually indentical to oem.

A quick guide if any can with pictures i would be gratefull. Thanks

very nice, so jealous of how clean your car is!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I fitted the mudflaps to my old Mk3 with wheels on :tongue:

:laugh: Haha OK then! My dad said it would be easier with the wheels off, but I'm sure it would be possible to do it with them on (wwell obviously you did it so it must be!) However, taking the wheels off and jacking the car up was great for me, I'd never done it before, it's great to know these things!

4 hours ago, iantt said:

wheels on to do flaps

bought mine off ebay for £10 inc postage from china, virtually indentical to oem.

Wow that's cheap! @mikeyd1 I got them off eBay, £52 for both delivered. Not cheap by any means but they're genuine Ford ones with the Ford logo and they fit perfectly! I'd be interested to see a link for the ones Ian has though...

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

very nice, so jealous of how clean your car is!

Cheers! During half term at the end of the month I plan to clay, popish and wax it! I want it looking perfect!

In other news, it had its second service done today by Fraud, so that's all good. And the bumper/bonnet will get touched up and sprayed to remove a few scuffs and stone chips when dad has time to book it in! Range Rover has got to get sprayed first, only 2 months old and already suffered a car park battle scar. :wallbash:

You lost me there Chris about tagging. Where did you get those mudflaps from?

£52 delivered from eBay for front and rear. Not cheap but do the job well and are genuine Ford ones.

Thanks Chris. 52 isn't bad. Who's the seller?

No problem, here's the link;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160893740146

Cheers Chris. Just ordered them

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd do a quick update, the car has been excellent and it's really great for learning to drive in. It's now coming up for 2 and a half years old and is about to tick over 12,000 miles. 

I'm looking forward to keeping this car for the next few years and hopefully the next update will contain some modifications I plan to do! 

Anyway, I washed it today;

Instasize_0806152959.jpg

I still can't get enough of this colour, and the car will look stunning with a ZS spoiler and bigger alloys!

One very happy owner. :wub:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Another update...

Well it's been over 2 months since I passed my test and the Focus is now on 13,300 miles. Since then I've fitted a few little things like aluminium peddle covers and had the bonnet repaired (resprayed).

But yesterday was the biggest update so far, as I finally changed the wheels! :biggrin:

20161113_135617.jpg

20161113_135538.jpg

20161113_134915.jpg

Amazing what a difference they make! Really happy, and big thanks to @alexp999 for inspiration with his old 2012 Focus! :laugh: Just got to get some new tyres on the front as the Continentals are nearing the limit.

Happy days!

Looks great Chris!  You seem to have the "magic touch" when it comes to making cars look fantastic.  I can only imagine what you could do to an old MK1...  Not that I'm hinting or anything!! :wink:

• Like 1