Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil sensor light not turning off

PMJ

My oil sensor light started to flash during some very wet weather last week, before switching over to being on constant. I checked the oil - it was a little low - and added some more, but the light was still on. I re-checked and found that I'd over-filled (even though I hadn't added that much) and let some out so that the oil is now at the correct level, but the warning light is still on. Short of there being a problem with the sensor, I'm now out of ideas.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Or any guesses as to what it could be?

My oil sensor light started to flash during some very wet weather last week, before switching over to being on constant. I checked the oil - it was a little low - and added some more, but the light was still on. I re-checked and found that I'd over-filled (even though I hadn't added that much) and let some out so that the oil is now at the correct level, but the warning light is still on. Short of there being a problem with the sensor, I'm now out of ideas.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Or any guesses as to what it could be?

If you can locate the sensor, I would suggest removing the connector and use some WD-40 or the such like to dispell water that might have got into the connector etc. causing it to short circuit and see how you go from there at worst case you may need to replace the sensor, at the same time might also be worth checking with a multimeter on the connector pins just to make sure there isn't a short circuit there i.e an issue with the wiring (hopefully this won't be the case)

Cheers Pete

Hi,

My cabby oil light flashes in hot weather also has done for 5 years, im used to it now but have been told that it is the sensor lol

H

Hi Pete,

I'll have a look! Many thanks.

Neil

No problem mate, let us know how you get on.

Cheers Pete

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club