Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boost gauge

aaroncook.ac8

Hi guys I am fitting a boost gauge to my 2006 ford focus 1.8tdci and I don't know when to tap into I have ran the wire where I want the gauge to go but stuck on where to tap into please help 9a143bbf51009ef9f00114178d19f740.jpg12835a2f09df03daca80236eabd8695d.jpg I was thinking it was the big black pipe on the second picture?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

your inlet manifold

• Like 1

What do you mean mate tap into the inlet manifold ?

your inlet manifold

What tap into the inlet manifold and is the the big black pipe on the second picture

?? Anyone

id use the sold pipe rather than the rubber tube, but essentially you want to drill out the pipe, fit the connector and insert the boot gauge pipe.  or is it a digital gauge you have?

id use the sold pipe rather than the rubber tube, but essentially you want to drill out the pipe, fit the connector and insert the boot gauge pipe.  or is it a digital gauge you have?

No its a mechanical mate and is it the big black pipe on the second picture?

That green connector is probably the MAP, which is more or less the same as what your doing, around there will be fine, mind that the gauge will show absolute pressure and not Boost as such, youd need to minus atmospheric pressure off whatever is displayed to get the boost pressure.

That green connector is probably the MAP, which is more or less the same as what your doing, around there will be fine, mind that the gauge will show absolute pressure and not Boost as such, youd need to minus atmospheric pressure off whatever is displayed to get the boost pressure.

What do you my absolute pressure mate and have you do it to yours ? Also how much difference would it be to the actual boost pressure?

?

absolute pressure is the overall pressure in the manifold, the pressure the turbo has generated, its measured from 0, at sea level the atmosphere around you is around 15 PSI or 1 Bar, the turbo will increase the pressure in the system, the MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) measures this pressure and passes the info to the ECU.

Boost is normally the pressure ABOVE atmospheric pressure.  So if you were to have 1.5 Bar of boost, the MAP (Overall pressure) would be 2.5 Bar (1.5 Bar Boost +  1Bar atmospheric)

I guess the point is, your gauge might be showing you absolute pressure, it might be showing 2 Bar, but that isn't your actual "Boost". 

Its an academic difference

Na, I don't have a boost gauge, I could be tempted to follow Lennys ST pod mod and install one though, but right now ive a few other mods to keep my busy! :D

absolute pressure is the overall pressure in the manifold, the pressure the turbo has generated, its measured from 0, at sea level the atmosphere around you is around 15 PSI or 1 Bar, the turbo will increase the pressure in the system, the MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) measures this pressure and passes the info to the ECU.

Boost is normally the pressure ABOVE atmospheric pressure.  So if you were to have 1.5 Bar of boost, the MAP (Overall pressure) would be 2.5 Bar (1.5 Bar Boost +  1Bar atmospheric)

I guess the point is, your gauge might be showing you absolute pressure, it might be showing 2 Bar, but that isn't your actual "Boost". 

Its an academic difference

Na, I don't have a boost gauge, I could be tempted to follow Lennys ST pod mod and install one though, but right now ive a few other mods to keep my busy! :D

Thanks for explaining :) also when people say they have a reading of like 20-25psi that would be their atmosphere pressure aswell ?

Aswell as there boost pressure

yup, mine caps out at 36 PSI absolute, which is about 22 PSI of boost (22+14 atmospheric)

• Like 1

yup, mine caps out at 36 PSI absolute, which is about 22 PSI of boost (22+14 atmospheric)

Sorry to be a pain mate, so if I put a t peice in on the big black pipe the rubber one that would be alright ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club