Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higgsy's Mk3 ST thread

higgsy

New build thread coming soon......

IMG_20160501_123854.jpg

• Like 2

Black wheels nuts / locking wheel nuts fitted. Look a lot better than the chrome ones on there before

IMG_20160506_101625.jpg

• Like 4

This looks sweet! What have you got planned for her?

Are they the 19" style pack wheels from the Mk3.5 ST?

Yup 19" style pack alloys painted matt grey. 

I'm not too sure exactly what I'm doing with her yet kind of in awe of the whole thing at the moment. Its my dream car.

Today I fitted a new set of bulbs and led side lights,

Intend to fit custom DRLs in the fog surrounds.

Mostly done cosmetic/protection stuff so far. clay bar and polish the other day. Rubber floor mats, sorted out/replace some rusty screws ( spent the first 3 years by the sea. When the exhaust goes,I will fit a full stainless .

Just need to respray that locking wheel nut.. Otherwise looks good buddy ;)

Mountune have black locking wheel nuts on their website otherwise.

I'd be careful painting them, in case you can't engage the key!

• Like 2

I've sprayed my old ones and were fine.. I'd imagine youd need a good layer of paint it stop the key working

• Like 1

The last photo was taken before I swapped the wheel nuts for a new set today so all are black now. Needed a new set of lockers anyway as the socket was looking a bit worse for wear and didn't want it breaking on me. Also a couple of nut had been replaced for ugly looking nuts These are ones I bought

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181901820510&alt=web 

• Like 1

looking good and good call on the black nuts

• Like 1

Cleaned and dressed the enginebay

IMG_20160513_152132.jpg

IMG_20160513_152120.jpg

• Like 3

Another little mod, 2 48smd panels to replace the standard boot lights

IMG_20160513_214811.jpg

• Like 3

loving the  light panels in the boot

• Like 1

Another 5min little mod today, boot struts were a bit rust pitted and it was bothering me, so I covered them in black 4d  carbon fibre vinyl. They look really good.

IMG_20160514_121147.jpg

great job on the struts and I agree you have made them look better than factory

• Like 1

Bit more vinyl, this time on the bottom of the front bumper. I think I will redo as it was only a first attempt

IMG_20160516_111659.jpg

• Like 1

like the subtle wrap on the front bumper

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2016 at 8:39 AM, b4zz said:

like the subtle wrap on the front bumper

Same, looks good!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the car.

After just under a month I started to smell an oil burning smell, didn't think too much about it at first, however it got worse over a week or so. After further investigation, I found the car was leaking a large amount of oil and evidently had been for a while and it had got worse and had been masked by the engine undertray.

To cut a long story short the car was returned to the dealer 2 weeks ago on the 04/06 and they still have not resolved the issue.  They advised they would looks at the car and fix under warranty, however I have requested to return the car for a refund. They are saying the issue was not present when they took delivery of the car, which of course I dispute.

They have gone from telling me nothing about the issue for 12 days, to providing me with some non logical disgnoses of the problem.  Very reluctant to converse in writing etc.

Basically tt all a bit of a mare and very disappointing :wallbash: !!

have they said where the oil is leaking from?

So this is the funny thing so they said (after 12 days) they thought it was the turbo/intercooler so have been investigating this, there is no problem there. Then they have come back and said they believe it to be a simple issue of the seal on the oil filter. The thing is the turbo is up high at the back of the engine and the oil filer is low down at the front, so why would you start taking apart/investigating the turbo which is obviously more time consuming and expensive to do, rather than starting with an oil after. Also it would be clear (especially with how much oil was leaking) whether it was coming from the turbo at the back, or the oil filter at the front. I don't believe I am getting the full story.

8 hours ago, higgsy said:

So this is the funny thing so they said (after 12 days) they thought it was the turbo/intercooler so have been investigating this, there is no problem there. Then they have come back and said they believe it to be a simple issue of the seal on the oil filter. The thing is the turbo is up high at the back of the engine and the oil filer is low down at the front, so why would you start taking apart/investigating the turbo which is obviously more time consuming and expensive to do, rather than starting with an oil after. Also it would be clear (especially with how much oil was leaking) whether it was coming from the turbo at the back, or the oil filter at the front. I don't believe I am getting the full story.

Send all the details to ford customer service, they'll soon get to the bottom of it

23 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

Send all the details to ford customer service, they'll soon get to the bottom of it

I hope your joking. Otherwise it must be a different CS to what I "dealt" with.

Only part of Ford I have ever seen anything done is UK HQ.

I'd ask to speak to service manager and demand an explanation. In person is usually better.

Its a used car from a Toyota dealer. To be fair I am trying to keep a written trail via email, as we all know verbal doesn't really mean much. A lot of not responding when they said they would and the dealer principle is always "away from the centre", if this is the case they need to learn to use an out of office assistant on their emails! They have given me a loan car, and seem to think this takes all the inconvenience out of it for me.