Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another "woman" question please

MrsMcBee

I thought I had a Titanium Ti-VCT but I've just found some paperwork in my car that says Fiesta 1.6 PFI-VCT on it. What's the difference?

• 3 weeks later...

Effectively nothing. You wanted a Titanium with the 120PS 1.6 variable valve timing and that is what you've got. If that sounds snappy/sarcastic, I apologise as that is not how I intend it to sound.

Its just that they sometimes use a fancy snappy title for an engine in the World of marketing and sales, but in the real World you get its proper name and the two do not always seem to be identical ;-)

Harvey

Effectively nothing. You wanted a Titanium with the 120PS 1.6 variable valve timing and that is what you've got.

Actually it's Variable Cam Timing

And I wouldn't worry about the PFI bit, you have the right engine ;)

Actually it's Variable Cam Timing

What is the difference between variable cam timing and variable valve timing?

Surely they are one and the same, if you vary the cam it results in a varied timing of the valves and vica-versa to effect a timing variation on the valves you need to alter the cam which actuates them.

Awaiting the influx of corrections ;-)

lol, my first car has a FIRE engine, stood for something like Fully Integrated Robotised Engine (in other words robots built it).

At least a Ford with Ti-VCT or PFI-VCT makes sense. My wife's Astra has a Z16XE, the only logic in that is that it is a 1.6 ;-)