Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Central Locking?

Simkaz

Is there a way to make the central locking lock itself when driving at speeds above 5mph like most modern cars? I have looked in the cars lock settings on the dash but cannot find anything about auto locking... My guess is I have to press and hold some buttons on the key in a certain order to activate it?

Or activate this option via IDS, if it is listed....if it is there.

I have looked on the IDS and I cannot find any setting for it within the lock settings or in the vehicles handbook. Any idea what its called apart from auto locking? 

Ford disabled the automatic function to lock all doors when the car's moving a few years ago, fearing lawsuits in case passengers couldn't get out of a car when involved in a RTA. You can still press the button to lock all doors manually though...

I have spoken to the local Ford dealer and they say it has to be coded as it wasn't enabled for the first owner. Its going in Monday to have a rattle on the drivers door looked at, they are going to code it for me.

What else is worth coding in. Auto locking, Digital speedo, anything else you guys can think of? ;-) 

Would be interested to see the digital speedo - does it give a numerical MPH on the driver dash screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting   ....

Well its in the dealer today. I have asked for them to enable motion locking, digital speedo and sport steering mode. They said they would try to add these but they don't know if is as simple as just coding it in. My fear is that if they don't know what they are doing they'll just say it cannot be done when I go to collect the car later....

Motion lock, i know that, had it on my previous mk3, but digital speedometer, what should I imagine with it?

And sport steering mode?

Well it turned out the dealer said they couldn't work out how to activate anything, not even the auto locking which they had told me they could do. I just don't think they really have a clue how to use IDS or cannot be bothered.

This will give you an idea of what can be unlocked- http://www.fordpimods.com/2013-2016-ford-fusion---adding-gauges.html hope I haven't broken any rules putting a link on. 

Think the mondeo is a bit different to program stuff compared to the older mondeo and newer focus etc.