Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are your favourite cheap mods?

LewisZetec

First post on the forums and looking for some simple and creative ideas for car mods. 

first time driver and insurance is already crazy as it is so the less it would affect my insurance the better!

Already thinking of respraying alloys, respraying fog lights, installing new Speakers, window tinting and possibly a fly eye kit too. 

Armrest. Spoiler. Led interior bulbs maybe

Richbrook aerial 

On 03/05/2016 at 2:56 PM, mikeyd1 said:

Armrest. Spoiler. Led interior bulbs maybe

Armrest cheap??? :P 

Have a flick through my profile. The about me section. Got a few cheap mods that ive done and set the car off a bit:) 

• Like 1

LED Number plate units!

LEDs are a great upgrade to the look of the car, makes it look more modern, also simple upgrades to the Speakers and also spraying up any of the matt black plastic in gloss black does make a difference also look at debadging the car to smooth everything out.

Euro style front grille! I ripped off the original and replaced it with this beaut'... there's two options silver or chrome side parts. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Front-Bumper-Grill-Grille-Center-Fits-For-2008-2011-Ford-Fiesta-MK7-Sedan-/291547281693?hash=item43e192791d:g:i~EAAOSwDNdV2uoP

Fiesta lacks in a decent factory fitted sunglasses holder! The Mondeo will fit but it's not an easy mod, looks bob on when done correctly, done this in my Titanium.

Cost me just £10 from a scrappie, got to know what you have to be doing as the headlining has to be cut and the original small light surround has to be partially cut up and sections glued onto the Mondeo surround.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 3

Hi and welcome.

If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Okay so first update to my car will be some new Speakers. If anyone could help me out a little with recommendations and tips for fitting them I'd really appreciate it. My dads been a mechanic for nearly 30 years now and he gladly offered to help me out fitting them, but I'm not sure if I'll need to purchase and amplifier or new radio to power the Speakers. I'm not after anything outrageous, but upgrading my door panel Speakers and tweeters, and possibly an underseat sub also

• Like 1

LED number plate lights! And LEDs on the interior too. Chrome indicator bulbs and stickers can also be good calls without splashing too much cash!

Not so cheap, I would say under-seat subwoofer!

There should be a link to my mods in my signature :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ukcal said:

LED number plate lights! And LEDs on the interior too. Chrome indicator bulbs and stickers can also be good calls without splashing too much cash!

Not so cheap, I would say under-seat subwoofer!

There should be a link to my mods in my signature :)

hiya mate, i tried to message you last night about your sub but I'm not sure I sent it before I closed the tab. Anyway, the underseat sub im looking at is the kenwood KSC-SW11. i think its the same as yours (saw it on one of your posts from ages ago) I mentioned it to my dad and hes a little bit skeptical, not so much about the product itself, but more of the way it lies under the seat. He thinks that it would obstruct the drivers seat from moving forward and backwards to let people into the back seats. Have you had any problems with yours?

23 hours ago, LewisZetec said:

hiya mate, i tried to message you last night about your sub but I'm not sure I sent it before I closed the tab. Anyway, the underseat sub im looking at is the kenwood KSC-SW11. i think its the same as yours (saw it on one of your posts from ages ago) I mentioned it to my dad and hes a little bit skeptical, not so much about the product itself, but more of the way it lies under the seat. He thinks that it would obstruct the drivers seat from moving forward and backwards to let people into the back seats. Have you had any problems with yours?

I've got the message on my thread - I've replied there :)

• Like 1