Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towing electrics

LazyHazy

Hi, I have recently had a detachable towbar fitted to my 65 plate Kuga. I took the car to a ford dealer who updated the software for towing. All seems OK but I do not get any notification when the trailer lights are in use, is this the norm?  When I have towed with previous vehicles there was an audible warning to let you know the indicators were in action. I am not sure if these warning signals are required by law. Any info on this matter would be appreciated.

Thats normal operation, if an indicator bulb goes out while towing , the indicator on cluster will flash faster .

Thanks for the speedy reply iantt . I will remove a bulb to give me an idea what the cluster shows.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of having a detachable swan neck tow bar fitted by ford to my '65 Kuga eco boost for towing a caravan, I thought this was straight forward but looking at a couple of other threads it isn't always plain sailing regarding the fitting of tow bars, more specifically the electrics. Are there any tips regarding what I should be looking out for, will the wiring/connections include those for fridge/leasure battery, and will there be any alterations to bumper area to accommodate the tow bar?