Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 1 value

zeezee

Please, settle an argument for me.

I have a 2001(Y) Mk1 1.6 Focus, which failed on its MOT this year: Vehicle structure has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings subframe (6.1.B.2).
BF thinks it will cost about £300 to get fixed, along with one or two other things. He thinks the car would be worth £800 ish, with a full MOT. I don't think it's worth that much.

The car is generally in good condition for its age - typical scratches. Small indent on the front passenger door and rear wheel arch (forgot to get a pic of that). Scrape on the front bumper. There is slight problem with the boot latch sensor - the latch works fine but the sensor is convinced the boot is open. Central looking is iffy and there is only 1, non-remote locking key.
Interior is good. Needs a hoover and clean. Small round split in the driver's seat, where you can feel some sort of spring pushing through. Air con works. Just under 90000 miles on the clock

What do you think?

I would get the central locking/boot latch sensor fixed and I would be happy to keep it till it dies, if it were more economical. It still drives really well and it's got plenty of life left.

I can get more pics to show condition, if needed.

2016-05-03 16.07.13.jpg

2016-05-03 16.07.28.jpg

2016-05-03 16.07.48.jpg

I guess it depends on whether you can stretch to a new car that would be problem free for a number of years. The body damage looks very minor to me. £300 on getting it through an MOT if it's a good runner and has been well looked after and regularly serviced doesn't sound that bad. Could you get a scrap replacement boot sensor and try swap it over - potential cheap easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can buy a mk2 for a grand its wirth £500 at most with a full mot on it that's best price trade in maybe 200-300 if you're lucky.once the rot has got to that point you're looking at maybe a year out of it fords fall apart once the rots set in