Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2012 1.6tdci Unknown wire ?

Leebrindley

Hi I've found this wire coming from the exhaust going to the green plug but it's not plugged in to anything and is open with no blank on it  does any one no what it's for ???

image.jpeg

hego sensor, should be a multiplug for it nearby.

There does not seem to be a wire or anything that looks like it plugs in it it anywhere what exactly does it do ? 

found out that the hego sensor is no longer required therefore it may have been there from production even though there may not be a multiplug for it.

Ahhh thank you I did think that but thought y didn't they put a plug of some sort on the end

"testing has shown that vehicles remain within the emissions envelope for the vehicle life without the need for MAF (Mass Air Flow) compensation. It was therefore concluded, that the broadband HO2S (heated oxygen sensor) (part number 9D375) could be deleted from the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) in production."

• Like 2

Nice one thank you 

Sorry off topic do you no much about the dpf filters in the newer focus do they still run the fluid in a separate tank and does it need topping up at set mileage I can't find any information on the newer cars 

No tank or fliud .

Just for future reference, it looks like Ford will be using the EcoBlue branding/terminology for future diesels to differentiate those which do feature additives for the DPF.

At least that should make things easier.

• Like 1

Yeh, adblue now being introduced on some engines, vw didnt come out well with that tech! Lol

Hee hee adblue. I've used water in the tank of my truck before now lol.