Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helpppppp! Oil light flicker and loud tapping!!

Johnsonnn

Hi, guys I have a 2007 fiesta 1.6 tdci zs and it's starting to be a massive painn:wallbash: the oil light started flickering about a week ago I added a touch more oil and it stopped... Until today!! The light stays on now but goes off when I pull off in first and keep the revs above 1100 then soon as I change up it comes back on again and has started tapping loudly like an old transit van until I come to stop then it's fine again😣, its only done 100k which isn't that high for a diesel tbh. I did a full service 2 months ago and there's no leaks or drop in oil level which is at a steady 3/4 full since I changed it.

Please someone help me!!!!

Sounds to me like the oil pump is failing. 

Is it something I could do at home myself I know the basics and I'm pretty ocd when it comes to remembering how things go back together or should I just get the garage to sort it?

cheers stef

I am not in the slightest bit familiar with your engine but I wouldn't doubt anyone with some skill and the tools to do any job..

I would see what the others say first. 

It could be sludge and crap in the sump blocking up the oil pump pick up. How is the oil changed when you do it? Drained from sump into a tray or sucked out with a pump?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Drained from the sump plug mate. Someone else said it could be the banjo blot filters or oil feed pipe clogged up but I have no clue about removing these, I'll check the sump and pick up pipe first thing.

cheers guys. 

The sumps an !Removed! to take off. It will likely bend if your not careful as it's siliconed on and prying it usually bends the thing and you'll never get it to seal. It will look OK for now then 6 weeks later it !Removed! starts weeping oil. Just be prepared that you might need to buy a new sump mate unless your really careful

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As far as i remember, this is the engine made by psa? If so, there has been heaps of problems with this engine, due to the drain plug of the oil pan not actually being at the lowest point of the pan. Hence when changing oil, the Real dirty debris filled oil remains in the engine, at the exact spot where the Oil pump pickup Oil. 

In Denmark where i am from, car makers using this engine has gotten alot of complaints about broken turbo specifically, as the debris in the Oil clogs up the small filter located on the Oil feed pipe at the turbo, and then the turbo goes unlubricated and blows. 

Anyhow, some of the sparepart shop has made a new Oil pan, with a better located drain plug. 

This sounds like that problem, but more like the pump is clogged. 

Its a DV6 engine....unless its had a perfect service history there will be quite a few issues with it - might be the sensor though but could indeed be the oil pump, the oil pump on my dad's 1.6HDi engine has just been changed out (Citroen C3 Picasso).

• Like 1

Before you do anything big like taking the sump off etc.. Just take the oil filter out and have a look, if the nipple on the oil filter hasn't been located into the hole properly it can cause this... You would see straight away when you remove the filter

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club