Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying an S-Max

Johnno260

Hi everyone, bigger family now so looking to upgrade to a Grand C-Max or really we would prefer an S-Max.

I have been looking ideally at the 2.0 or 2.2 diesel S-Max, and the Titanium package, can people advise me on potential issues areas I should look for when looking at 2nd hand S-Max's?

Also is there much difference between the 2.0 and 2.2? is the larger engine that much better or is there little difference between the two?

• 2 weeks later...

Check it brakes in a straight line as ours warped a set of front discs after 10k, service history is a must for a diesel and check its had a fuel filter recently. Apart from that go for the highest spec you can afford as its always good to have all the gadgets, the dab radio is excellent and never loses signal, f+r park sensors are a godsend too as they are quite a big car, ive had mine 4 years now and apart from the usual brakes and tyres its hardly cost us anything to run