Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie, Got the Focus Zetec 2.0 08

willc

Hi,

I got the new focus 2008 and was wondering if you's can help me...

Anyone know if the cd player model 6000CD plays MP3 cds?? cant seem to get it to work,

surely all new cars plays mp3 music..? :s

Anyone know which type induction kit is best for focuses? best performances...

got some more questions but it'l do for now..

Regards

Will

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got the new focus 2008 and was wondering if you's can help me...

Anyone know if the cd player model 6000CD plays MP3 cds?? cant seem to get it to work,

surely all new cars plays mp3 music..? :s

Anyone know which type induction kit is best for focuses? best performances...

got some more questions but it'l do for now..

Regards

Will

Hi, yes it can play mp3's. there should be an aux plug in the glovebox on the top front lip toward the left of the catch.

if not the radio is compatable but you will need to buy the lead and jack plug from an agent.

they should be about £7.00 or £8,00 for the lead and connector.

you will then need a set of radio removal keys. Agents are to charge £15.00 for a radio code which means removal of the unit to get the code. If you ask them to fit the plug they will charge you about £75.

so i suggest you ask them to remove the radio for a code and then fit the lead yourself. you do not need the keys to replace the radio but you will need your code if the unit has been unplugged.

hope this helps. fordselleruk

is it a NEW 2008?

the offer on the new zetecs included free bluetooth and voice control

these cars have the Sony audio which plays MP3 disks

Hi, yes it can play mp3's. there should be an aux plug in the glovebox on the top front lip toward the left of the catch.

if not the radio is compatable but you will need to buy the lead and jack plug from an agent.

you will then need a set of radio removal keys. Agents are to charge £15.00 for a radio code which means removal of the unit to get the code. If you ask them to fit the plug they will charge you about £75.

so i suggest you ask them to remove the radio for a code and then fit the lead yourself. you do not need the keys to replace the radio but you will need your code if the unit has been unplugged.

There are NO KEYS on the 2008 face lift focus

The surround clips in round the radio a pain to get off with out marking start at sides and lever it gently with a PLASTIC lever

when the cover is off the radio is held in by 4 screws on in each corner

Very similar idea to the 2005 2006 Fiesta STs all the ones that had the radios out have marks on the dash

If you got it NEW the code is in the handbook pack or ask the dealer if you do not have it they can tell it from the VIN number takes seconds My last ST came with out key code and it took him seconds to look it up when I collected car new

Cheers,

Yeh i know about playing my mp3 player from aux-Already using it =) Just i assume new car cd players should also play MP3 disks but it doesnt -__-' Its a pain geting my mp3 out each time i use my car and forget to switch it off when i leave it! Am sure its not just me!=p

is it a NEW 2008?

the offer on the new zetecs included free bluetooth and voice control

these cars have the Sony audio which plays MP3 disks

Yeh, it was on offer for me but unfortunately i added few extras, (interior and zetec package) which made it into a factyory order so i didnt get it=( tho my player still has the bluetooth buttons for calling and answering-they made it into MUTE BUttons!! :huh:

Oh, those who have the 2008 focus (mines Zetec 2.0 3dr) have you notice a weird sound coming from your car when you parked up for sometime??

Mine made a little Gerning sound every minute or so- noticed when i parked up at night waiting for sum1. When my engine was off..

Any1? do you know what it may be? A recharging sound mayb??!

Will

Oh, those who have the 2008 focus (mines Zetec 2.0 3dr) have you notice a weird sound coming from your car when you parked up for sometime??

Mine made a little Gerning sound every minute or so- noticed when i parked up at night waiting for sum1. When my engine was off..

Any1? do you know what it may be? A recharging sound mayb??!

Will

dont know if the 2.o does it but the 1.6 115bhp tivct the cams adjust as the engine cools (variable Cam timing)

same when you turn it on you can hear it whir as it adjusts

It should play mp 3 cds.Be aware that if you fit an induction kit you will void the warrany.

dont know if the 2.o does it but the 1.6 115bhp tivct the cams adjust as the engine cools (variable Cam timing)

same when you turn it on you can hear it whir as it adjusts

hum..might be, duno. engine cant be still cooling down when i parked for ages.. :s

It should play mp 3 cds.Be aware that if you fit an induction kit you will void the warrany.

it doesnt play so thats not very good.

Really? hum.. i put one in on my last car and was still under warranty. unless u done it?

i got the 3 door and the pulling the seat back is a pain! aswell the lever always get stuck! :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club