Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford MK7 Roofbars

squeegy

Hi. My first post on the forum

Has anyone got the genuine Ford roofbars for their car? I would like to know what you think of them, particularly what you think of the design of these by Ford and specifically the guttering blanking plates when the roofbars are removed.

Thanks

Hi. My first post on the forum

Has anyone got the genuine Ford roofbars for their car? I would like to know what you think of them, particularly what you think of the design of these by Ford and specifically the guttering blanking plates when the roofbars are removed.

Thanks

Hi, my first also. I have seen the ford bars online and they looked very flimsy. At a cost of approx £120 (£113 as a summer special discount at my local Ford dealers) I decided to go for the thule set as they can be adapted to another car if needed - not that I plan to get rid of my new toy anytime soon - as its great!!!

I shopped around on e-bay and the net, getting the 3 bits (bar - feet and fiesta kit) separately for about £56 instead of Halfrauds price of £120+.

Hope this helps

Kev

Hi, my first too :D

I have the original Ford roofbars, and can´t understand why you think they look flimsy :huh:

Also checked thule befor, but couldn´t find matching ones. Do you have a link ?

ybfuqnvh.jpg

yqagff38.jpg

fdld8a8r.jpg

regards

Hi, my first too :D

I have the original Ford roofbars, and can´t understand why you think they look flimsy :huh:

Also checked Thule befor, but couldn´t find matching ones. Do you have a link ?

ybfuqnvh.jpg

yqagff38.jpg

fdld8a8r.jpg

regards

Hi

Your photos look different to the one I first saw. They look quite like the Ford ones I had for my last car - a Focus - and they fitted up under the rubber door trim.

Do you have to mount the Ford one into the black roof strips?

The thule one just sits on its rubber mounts on the edges of the roof and locks under the upper sill and is built like a brick out-house!

thule ones can be accessed from their site which is ok to get the numbers but they are expensive.

http://www.thule.co.uk/appguide/yourDetail...ar_model=Fiesta 5 dr Hatchback 09- &rfoot=750&rbar=761&rABar=861&rkit=rkit&rLock=&rSRA=&tFoot=&tBar=&tKit=blank&tSRA=&tSP=&tLocks=

The "set" consists of:

Bar 761 square shape or 861 for aerobars (oval cross section)

Feet 750

Fiesta fitting kit 1503

Feet and bars are very common to most cars and are regulars on e-bay but the fitting kit, being new, is not easily available 2nd hand. But if you google the number you can find sites selling cheaper.

Regards

Hi,

I know those 750 feet. But I was looking for something like the Fixpoint XT 751 feet.

Unfortunately such a Flexible kit system seems to be not availabe for the Fiesta yet.

Along with the Ford roofbar, you get 3 (for each side) new pieces of those "black roof strips".

There are mounting threads under the sealing compound, which need to be exposed.

The roofbar itself is mounted toolless. Well thought out & easy to handle. :)

l6bzrb3x.jpg

85y8p8jp.jpg

ifc388fb.jpg

I've just taken our two bikes down to Devon on Cho on the thule roof kit.

It worked really well, and the roof rack is the one from my Dad's K-Reg Rover 406i. When I checked the part numbers with thule it was the same kit, and it fitted perfectly. Used Halfords cycle things, and it worked like a treat.

Will attach a pic when I get them off the camera!

• 1 month later...

Tyrefryer,

I see you had slotted screws that hold the roofblanking plates in place when the roofbars are removed. Can you tell me are these plastic screws?

The reason for asking is i have had a right game about these with my dealer, as they lost the screws when my wife took delivery of her fiesta. So the roofbars had to stay on until the dealer found them. we got the screws a week later, but they were parkerised cap head screws, which, after 3 weeks went rusty. Over a month later my dealer found some alternative stainless steel screws that seem to do the job. But not before i threatened them with the sale and supply of goods act.

But on a whole i agree with you about the general quality of the bars, they are solid

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove and replace the black strips on the car?

I find Ford have made a right meal of this by not installing the black strips with the blanking plates fitted in the first place, like they do on all other new Fords! Seems like the roof bars and guttering was an afterthought when building the new fez.

I've been looking into roof bars for my MK7 too, but i think i might just get a bike rack on the rear of the car...

Opinions?

I've been looking into roof bars for my MK7 too, but i think i might just get a bike rack on the rear of the car...

Opinions?

Get one of these mate:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/saris/bones-3-bike-rack-ec005810

Saris bones bike rack. Same price as ford roof bars but if you dont need to carry a kayak or roof box on your car like I do then these are a just the answer!

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove and replace the black strips on the car?

It´s just a double faced adhesive tape and therefore very easy ;)

The tricky part is to expose the mounting threads under the sealing compound :P

• 11 months later...

hi ,im looking to put some rails on my fiesta mk7 and noticed there are no indications of where the fixing points are just continuous black rubber strips also how do you remove these to cut the right size slots for the fixings looks as if the rubbers are somehow glued in the recess any help would be great at a bit of a lost end with this cheers jim

continuous black rubber strips
Along with the Ford roofbar, you get 3 (for each side) new pieces of those "black roof strips".

And after removing the original stripes (it´s just adhesive tape), you see where the mounting threads are !

regards

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Just changed my Fiesta Titanium (2008/58) for a brand new one.

I've never had the roof bars, but like the look of the Ford ones. My question is this; having called several Ford Dealers about these bars, it seems there are at least 2 different part numbers for bars that should fit the mk7 Fiesta:

I've been told that both 1619291 and 1718804 are the right ones (different dealerships). The guy at the parts office said 1718804 was an 'updated' version, but had no info on what may have changed.

Can anyone here shed some light on this, or confirm which part number I need for a 2011/11 3 door Fiesta?

Many Thanks...

I have the Ford roof bar install guide (PDF) i can send it in e-mail...

Guys

Just be careful, the dealer fitted my roof bars before it wae delivered and in removing the existing black guttering strips he removed part of the white sealant around the fixing holes. When it rained water ran down inside the rear of the car.

It was just a case of resealing it.

• 1 month later...

1st post, so please be gentle.

If you search 1718804 on eBay, Sandcliffe are doing this kit for £104.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Chris

• 1 month later...

If any one is looking for a roof rack to fit the MK7 2009 Ford Fiesta, I have one for sale hardly used.