11 replies to this topic

#1 Alan1991

Alan1991

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi i will be getting a Ford Fiesta MK6 next year to replace my Rover 25. Is there any common problems yous guys have experienced with Fiestas and also what should i look out for when looking at them.

The plan is to get a Fiesta in the summer, prices have already falling down alot so they are affordable but im thinking if i hold off till summer ill get a better car and newer car for the money.

Also it would be a prefacelift model i would buy, does anyone know if the Headlights and rear lights from a MK6 facelift will fit it. ?

Thanks Guys

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Hi i will be getting a Ford Fiesta MK6 next year to replace my Rover 25. Is there any common problems yous guys have experienced with Fiestas and also what should i look out for when looking at them.

The plan is to get a Fiesta in the summer, prices have already falling down alot so they are affordable but im thinking if i hold off till summer ill get a better car and newer car for the money.

Also it would be a prefacelift model i would buy, does anyone know if the Headlights and rear lights from a MK6 facelift will fit it. ?

Thanks Guys

Welcome to the forums.

I currently have the facelift model and the only problems i have had so far are:

A crunching reverse gear - very common problem so make sure to test this on a test drive, i would recommend putting it into reverse before, during and after the test drive, this problem was resolved on mine with a replacement clutch (free of charge)

A common annoyance between friends also is the rear drivers side seatbelt rattling away as to which i and others have yet to find a solution to.

Apart from these two problems i have found the fiesta to be a great little car, very reliable and very good on petrol (1.25 style).

As for fitting facelift lights to pre facelift, the front lights are a simple straight swap, however the rear require some changes as are slightly different.

Hope this helps you in you're decision, why is it you are deciding pre facelift to facelift?

#3 Alan1991

Alan1991

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

Welcome to the forums.

I currently have the facelift model and the only problems i have had so far are:

A crunching reverse gear - very common problem so make sure to test this on a test drive, i would recommend putting it into reverse before, during and after the test drive, this problem was resolved on mine with a replacement clutch (free of charge)

A common annoyance between friends also is the rear drivers side seatbelt rattling away as to which i and others have yet to find a solution to.

Apart from these two problems i have found the fiesta to be a great little car, very reliable and very good on petrol (1.25 style).

As for fitting facelift lights to pre facelift, the front lights are a simple straight swap, however the rear require some changes as are slightly different.

Hope this helps you in you're decision, why is it you are deciding pre facelift to facelift?

Thanks very much for the reply. The reason for going for a prefacelift model is i am currently a student and cannot afford the facelift model. I am not getting the car until next summer, so maybe if im lucky i might be able to get a facelift model within my budget. The only decision i have made about the car is it must be a 1.4 or a 1.4 TDCI.

#4 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:55 AM

If you look at the small trim bits immediatly behind the rear seat one on either side of the car you should find they both have a small slot cut in them,and the "tang" of the seatbelt fits exactly into them thats how i fixed mine works a treat. (although mines a 5 door not sure if they are in the 3 door.............should be).

#5 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:59 AM

Thanks Guys

hello and welcome to the club
Be aware that some owners have experienced the front suspension springs breaking through fatigue not a common fault but has been known to happen.

#6 alexavfc

alexavfc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S
Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Coil pack, very common problem

#7 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

If you look at the small trim bits immediatly behind the rear seat one on either side of the car you should find they both have a small slot cut in them,and the "tang" of the seatbelt fits exactly into them thats how i fixed mine works a treat. (although mines a 5 door not sure if they are in the 3 door.............should be).

Thanks for this, i see these slots and will give it a go :D

#8 twedz02

twedz02

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta Mk6

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hi There

Im currently debating whether to fit the facelift headlights to an 04 plate pre facelift fiesta model, is this a simple task?

cheers

#9 JackieR

JackieR

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Name: Jackie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.00T Ecoboost Candy Blue
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

hello and welcome to the club
Be aware that some owners have experienced the front suspension springs breaking through fatigue not a common fault but has been known to happen.

I can relate to the spring thing ! Both my front springs went within 9-10 months of each other on a 55 plate zetec s. My garage blamed the extreme cold. One went at the end of last Winter and the other at the beginning of this one. Was a pain but luckily both happened almost at my house and first thing in the morning so I didn't get stuck in the middle of nowhere. Still had to get the car uplifted both times tho as it couldn't be driven. My reverse gear was just fine but my Mum's 55 plate crunched badly. I did have the noisy rattly seatbelt thing going on tho. Still loved my car :)

#10 driver6005

driver6005

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk 6

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

the spedos sometimes will work fine and then all of a sudden eitheir stick at a sertain speed or go to zero and then come back on later on. and on the five door version inbetween the front and back doors is a plastic cover. they seem to come loose and need glueing back. easy job. other than that craking car i had a 52plate 1.25

#11 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,709 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

I can relate to the spring thing ! Both my front springs went within 9-10 months of each other on a 55 plate zetec s. My garage blamed the extreme cold. One went at the end of last Winter and the other at the beginning of this one. Was a pain but luckily both happened almost at my house and first thing in the morning so I didn't get stuck in the middle of nowhere. Still had to get the car uplifted both times tho as it couldn't be driven. My reverse gear was just fine but my Mum's 55 plate crunched badly. I did have the noisy rattly seatbelt thing going on tho. Still loved my car :)

springs can go at anytime on any car - maybe the cold didn't help though

Its also advisable to change any suspension parts in pairs :)

my mate has had his mk6 for a few years now, no problems at all as far as im aware.

#12 JackieR

JackieR

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Name: Jackie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.00T Ecoboost Candy Blue
  • Year: 2013

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

springs can go at anytime on any car - maybe the cold didn't help though

Its also advisable to change any suspension parts in pairs :)

my mate has had his mk6 for a few years now, no problems at all as far as im aware.

The cold certainly didn't help me !! Standing up to my knees in snow waiting for the truck to come and pick up my car. Brrrrrrr.

When the first spring went I asked them to check the other one and if needed just replace, but they said it was fine. Ach, I was only a couple of hours late for work the first time and the 2nd I called a colleague who came round for me as I got the car back into my driveway this time !!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users