Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford number 3 - 2014 Fiesta Ecorattle 125ps

GingerFlame

So. First of all, apologies for my absence and lack of posting. With the FOC app being completely dead & the Tapatalk one being close enough I had almost forgotten about the forum. 

Alas, I'm back! And I'd like to introduce my new car to you all. I'm sad to say the mk6 has now been sold on to a family member who has it for sale again to make some profit -_- 

This is my 2014 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0. I hoped for a 2016 one but I somehow ended up with a more expensive 2 year old.. Don't ask 😂

Point Blur_May052016_223811.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

It has 125ps (123bhp) currently. I've already fitted an AS stage 2 induction kit with cold air feed and it made a noticeable improvement to throttle response and no real difference to fuel economy 

Next to come is an AIRTEC stage 2 intercooler & a custom stainless exhaust with sports cat. Then the car will spend a day with REVO for a Stage 2 map leaving it with around 180bhp! Not bad for £0 road tax. 

It has 17" alloys from the factory and wind reflectors courtesy of its first owner! 

Compared to the mk6 it handles like a go cart & in a straight line is more than enough go.. although it could stop better (ST rear axle?) 

Next up will be some Japanese racing wheels.. possibly JR11s? Possibly lower it a little more then job done. 

Paintwork wise, it's had a full correction which almost drove me crazy & been coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light & Exo v2. I use Kleen freaks glass cleaner & sealant on the glass which acts as a rain repellant (available on the website). 

I've fitted 5k LED sidelights & 5k 55w HIDs into the dipped beam. massive improvement over standard. Now I just need to sort an LED replacement for the DRL/high beam. I've already changed all 6 indicators to silver ones, possibly my first modification if I remember right. IMAG2003.jpg

I've left the interior lighting alone as compared to the mk6 I quite like to warm feeling. I may possibly replace the filament bulbs for warm LED ones in the future I'm not sure. It's nice to have footwell LEDs from the factory though.  And a rear roof light!

I've fitted genuine fiesta mats all around & protected the whole interior with Gtechniq I1 Smart fabric to help keep it clean & fresh! 

On a sidenote, does anyone else hate "easy fuel"? I often seem to splash when pulling out which can be awkward

• Like 4

Looks good mate, and some nice plans. :)

• Like 1

Looks fantastic. Will be interested to read how the future mods go.

• Like 1

looking good fella. not good when you pull out and splash every where ha ha

• Like 2

Cheers guys! It'll be fun watching the red/black edition drivers thinking they've the faster car.. in my rear view mirror. They also pay £20 road tax a year! I personally feel I got the better deal. The dealer even agreed that the black edition looks like it's wearing lip stick and they offered to knock money off one so I could get all the red bits wrapped black! Haha. I almost went for an ST but the mileage I do wouldn't have been cheap fuel wise.. nor would tax/insurance.

The car will be taking part in track days, and will 100% be on the track next time I go to Ford fair!

& I'm going to have to speak to somebody about it b4zz.. it's beyond a joke now hahahaha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Ah, there you are, just posted asking about your new car on another topic you were posting to. Going well then? 180!! You nutter. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

looking good fella. not good when you pull out and splash every where ha ha

Thought it was just me!  Every time without fail get a couple of drips that miss the hole.  Even give it a good shake before pulling out fully as well!

• Like 1

Had a quick play in Photoshop. Decided on my new wheels & also lowered it a little more than standard. wheels are Japanese Racing JR11s 17" 

received_10201761881246932.jpeg

• Like 3

Well that post went Down like a tonne of bricks 😂

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

looks great buddy, really like those jr11s. although ive been thinking a set of fifteen52 tarmacs

• Like 1

I like those wheels too bud and hope you are pleased with the motor. Sounds like your plans are heading in the right direction. As you said id be on the forum more if the app worked :P

• Like 1

Like wheels but also the colour of them as well, really go nice against the white! Excited to see what's next :smile:

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the "ST-LINE" ? Aka, the new zetec S?

19 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

Has anyone seen the "ST-LINE" ? Aka, the new zetec S?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Just seen it on the interweb. It'll be interesting to see what the final models look like. I personally never quite took to the focus zetec s. I didn't feel it had the same presence as the fiestas.

• Like 1

The fiesta ST-LINE is identicle to the zetec S! Hahaha

9 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

The fiesta ST-LINE is identicle to the zetec S! Hahaha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

It's the focus' I'm not sure on. That's the only picture I've seen - of the proposed focus design.

• Like 1

Bumped into a Ford Master tech on Instagram.. and after a short discussion, he's willing to give me a Saturday to myself at the dealership with himself, my car & IDS!! So, pretty much all of my planned sneaky mods are now possible! And, the best bit, is its not going to cost anything close to what an "official"Ford session would if you get my drift! :D

The only downside is he's 5 hours away, although one mod will make the drive home much easier!

• Like 1

On 08/05/2016 at 11:23 PM, GingerFlame said:

On a sidenote, does anyone else hate "easy fuel"? I often seem to splash when pulling out which can be awkward

I had the same, quick shake when finished,  then point the nozzle straight up when you've pulled out.  Should stop most of it.  Now I just get a tiny bit around the nozzle hole. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jbell said:

I had the same, quick shake when finished,  then point the nozzle straight up when you've pulled out.  Should stop most of it.  Now I just get a tiny bit around the nozzle hole. 

Depends on what fuel station I go to, the ones which are small independent garages but Texaco and the many of the other big names are okay, can't speak for supermarkets as I used once but don't recall apart from crap MPG from my drive compared to normal.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2016 at 1:21 AM, GingerFlame said:

Bumped into a Ford Master tech on Instagram.. and after a short discussion, he's willing to give me a Saturday to myself at the dealership with himself, my car & IDS!! So, pretty much all of my planned sneaky mods are now possible! And, the best bit, is its not going to cost anything close to what an "official"Ford session would if you get my drift! :D

The only downside is he's 5 hours away, although one mod will make the drive home much easier!

Didn't see this.. welcome to the Frozen White club!

5 hours?? Whereabouts is he? And what are you planning or is it sneaky as you make it sound?

Looking good mate! I take it you'll be fitting and activating cruise control? And possibly the power fold mirrors? I also like the wheels too but I think I prefer 52's or xxr's 527 7.5j instead of the 8.25j

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Cruise control

Powerfold

LED DRL headlights

And a few other bits

Both those wheels have been done before on a fiesta lots of times ;) I'm trying to do something a little different.. oh, and my love for concave wheels is unreal

• Like 2

Have you bought genuience headlights with LED DRL's then? Would like to know how you get on with these :)

Cruise control

Powerfold

LED DRL headlights

And a few other bits

Both those wheels have been done before on a fiesta lots of times ;) I'm trying to do something a little different.. oh, and my love for concave wheels is unreal

You'll have to let me know how the cruise control goes as in looking to add a few bits too! Yeah I know that's the problem with both of them wheels! But not many have the 7.5j versions of the xxr's, I had grids on my old car and literally didn't see any with them until I fitted mine haha! I have see a few mk7s with Japan racing wheels and they do look the part especially with lowering springs/ coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1