Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ecoboost 1.0 125bhp as replacement for 1.6tdci

markjw

looking at possibly replacing my 2010 Focus 1.6 TDCI Titanium (109bhp) with either a late mk3 or a mk3.5 Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 125bhp Titanium X - seeing people on here saying it is a great engine.

What difference in performance can I expect? I find the 1.6tdci is fine with normal driving but does lack a bit on power pulling away from stationary. Not too worried about the difference in fuel consumption as most journeys I make are now fairly short (around 6 to 20 miles a day) compared with when I got the TDCI (was doing at least 30 miles every day)

Apart from the facelift body is there any difference between a Mk3 and Mk3.5 Titanium X? Also is the 1.5 Ecoboost that much of a better performer in normal driving as only figures I have seen are 0-60 which is something I'm not doing that often!

If I was to get Bluefin for the 1.0 Ecoboost, any idea how much it would add to the insurance? Last year for the 1.6tdci I paid around £330.00 (Western edge of London) with no mods

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Not a fan of the 1.5 EcoBoost personally, I got rid of mine. 1.0 is a great engine though.

Main differences between Mk3 and Mk3.5 other than exterior appearance off the top of my head:

• Revised suspension and stiffer front end, better ride, handling and more steering feedback.
  • Sync 2 touchscreen and much less cluttered dash
  • Floor carpet protection on foot rest and behind pedals in drivers footwell.
  • Thicker windows (quieter)
  • Better and thicker insulation for cabin (quieter)
  • Adaptive Bi-Xenon headlights on Titanium X and ST-3
  • Like 1

If you're after a bit more oomph the 1.6 ecoboost in the mk3 is a good engine and not too bad on fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went from a MK2.5 1.8TDCi to a MK3 125ps and actually felt like it had more power (in fairness, numbers wise it does have a tad more HP), feels more punchy which is still mind blowing for a 1L 3 cylinder engine!

Love my MK3 Titanium X, sounds like the 3.5 has some good improvements. Although looking through Alex's list above most of the things I've never considered 'problems'.

lad at work just changed his 125 ecoboost for 1.5 ecoboost and already moaning about fuel consumption at motorway speeds, likened the consumption to his old st!!

thanks everyone,

looks like the 1.0 Ecoboost is the way to go - from Alex's list of changes, I'll go for the Mk3.5.

There are lots more 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5 tdci about versus the 1.5 ecoboost and 2.0 tdci so you'll have loads more choice too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt realise the mk3.5 had thicker glass. Just got micrometer out to check .lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iantt said:

Didnt realise the mk3.5 had thicker glass. Just got micrometer out to check .lol

is there a difference in glass thickness between mk2.5 and mk3? curious...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club