Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST3 dilemma

mrjaffa

Hey guys. My Zetec 14 plate Fiesta PCP deal runs out soon. I fancy a step up to a ST3. Can't really budget for a new one though so looking at a 14 plate. 

There are two that I've seen through dealers on Autotrader, just not very local. I've managed to get decent offers on them both. 

My problem is, I'm off my feet at the moment and for the next 10 weeks. I ruptured my achilles and so can't drive. I hav a friend who can drive me to see the one I'm favouring but not till next week. Now of course it could sell by then, which I guess wouldn't be a disaster, I'm sure I could then wait for another, but the same thing might happen. By the time my friend can take me at his convenience, it could sell. 

Would I be mad to buy it without looking at it? He's assured me there's no marks or scuffs but I suppose I could get some more detailed pictures. But should I (or my friend) be test driving it first? It's 2 year old so I'm assuming it would still have 1 year left on its warrantee

One of my concerns though is the seats and how comfortable they are. I'm 6ft1. Any one that tall driving one? Find them ok? I really don't do many long trips, but will once or twice a year and if I'm going to have this one for 4 years, I want to make sure I'll be happy with it. 

I have two payments left on this one. I suppose I could wait till they're paid off and I can probably drive, but by then my car maybe valued a little less and I've got my tax to pay at the end of the month, only £30, but seems daft when I'm not actually going to drive it again, apart from getting to the dealer. 

Thoughts?

If you haven't test drive an ST before you need to before you buy one.

They have quite stiff suspension that not everyone can live with.

I wouldn't buy a second hand car without test driving it.

I wouldn't buy a new car without test driving that model/spec.

• Like 2

As above you need to test one.

I'm 6' and don't have an issue with comfort and I find the ride ok but, everyone's different.

when you say you can't budget for a new one, is that going from rrp? What can you get the 14 plate for compared to a new one via drivethedeal which is £16-16.5k depending on spec

• Like 3

Once you drive one everything else just doesn't measure up. 😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

+1 for the three comments above. I ordered an ST3 a few weeks ago and they're fantastic cars but I wouldn't have dreamt of buying without a test drive.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MarksST said:

As above you need to test one.

I'm 6' and don't have an issue with comfort and I find the ride ok but, everyone's different.

when you say you can't budget for a new one, is that going from rrp? What can you get the 14 plate for compared to a new one via drivethedeal which is £16-16.5k depending on spec

A 14 plate is going to be about £13,000. About £180 per month on 4 year PCP with £1500 deposit. Brand new is way more. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dan P said:

+1 for the three comments above. I ordered an ST3 a few weeks ago and they're fantastic cars but I wouldn't have dreamt of buying without a test drive.

Did u order brand new? Care to share how much?

Make sure u go look a dealer will say it dont have scuffs or marks but u need to check make sure its had no new paint and original glass or other bits and bobs u dont wanna have to bring the car back to grt something put right. So please go and look at the car before u buy it

Did u order brand new? Care to share how much?

Yes I did. I've ordered a frozen white ST3 with reverse sensors and a spare wheel through DriveTheDeal for just under £16,300.

£16300? That's not that unreasonable, really, especially compared to the prices of some second hand ones...

I really would go test drive that one with your mate, it settles those small little niggles in the back of your head.

Even though it says a dealers, some are not that good at showing off their used cars, my sister was after a Titanium few weeks back and suffice to say, it pays to go see them once or even twice, because theres mint and then theres car salesman mint, and do a test drive like others have said already. Not just to see how big your smile can get, but on the other hand, IF you don't mind the suspension ride, it is firmer but you know what, i love my Vicky.  The ST3 is the same trim as a Titanium X plus i went for the rear park sensors a full spare wheel and rear centre head rest.

As long as the payments are not too much, and you love the colour you have chosen go look at it, check it, then get your mate to check it, then get said mate to go for a spirited drive, at least you can sit in the front passenger seat an feel the ride and steering, an if it all checks out, make a deal!

If you're not sure, wait until you are better, there'll be others.

:wink: Let us know how you get on.