• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chizzy125

chizzy125

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

i wanted to know if ne1 can help i have a ford ka w reg and have just spent alot on having the whole car resprayed and wanted to match the inteiror plastic aroung the dials and cd player etc i have seen it done but i wanted a good finish like some ive seen and dint no if i wud re spray it with the correct paint or have one made any suggestions?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jamo_SportsTech

Jamo_SportsTech

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST 170
Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

i wanted to know if ne1 can help i have a ford ka w reg and have just spent alot on having the whole car resprayed and wanted to match the inteiror plastic aroung the dials and cd player etc i have seen it done but i wanted a good finish like some ive seen and dint no if i wud re spray it with the correct paint or have one made any suggestions?

hi just make sure you get plastic primer and away you go.. is it textured plastic? or smooth?

Key it, Prime it, spray it..
(Red Scoth Brite pad)->(Plastic Primer)->(Basecoat then lacquer)

if you want a really good finish flat it with 2000 or above be careful not to take the lacquer off and then use some Farecla G3 and elbow grease! (other brands are available) :P

Should be able to pick up everything from Halfords.. again other shops are available :)

#3 chizzy125

chizzy125

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

cheers mate i will give that ago this week and will let you know how it goes thanks mate

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,733 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

cheers mate i will give that ago this week and will let you know how it goes thanks mate

as above and preperation dont sand where you intend to paint youll just get dust in it and take youre time build up light coats of paint rather than lagering it on

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users