Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car and Concerns

JSFocus

I've just bought a Ford Focus Stlye from 2007, it as 81.000miles, it as some service history, i can't seem to find nothing about the cambelt! Also don't know if this model have belt or chain. Also i feel a bit of vibration when i turn off the engine, not sure if the engine mounts need replacing or it's normal. What else i need to worry about with this mileage?

Thanks,

Being a Style I assume it's a 1.6 TDCi 90ps?

It has a cambelt, Ford recommend 10 years or 125k miles interval.

Not sure what to suggest about the vibration on shut-off, if mine does it, it's not bad enough to notice!

Thanks

Mine is the 1.8 Tdci, 113bhp. It's not a rough vib. i was just wondering if is normal, it's my first Ford.

Ah ok, I don't have a 1.8 so not sure about the vibration.

The cambelt interval is the same 10 years or 125k miles though.

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah ok, I don't have a 1.8 so not sure about the vibration.

The cambelt interval is the same 10 years or 125k miles though.

Mine it's Mk2, are you happy with your engine then?

On the 1.8 you have a two belts? or perhaps its just one, in anycase one of those is a wet belt, if someone been shovelling oil cleaners through the engine then id be concerned about the state of that lower belt.

Isnt the cambelt "window" 65k to 125k, anything after 65 is slowing increasing the likelihood of it going, anything after 125 and your asking for trouble.

The 1.8 is quieter than the 1.6 but its a tdci, both are like a bag of spanners compared to a petrol!

My mate has a 1.8 in his Mondeo, the engine is so much easier to deal with and stupidly cheap to service, except the cambelt and oil filter!

Yes its a lot stronger engine and it should be with 6 litres of oil in it, virtually indestructible, 500,000 isn't impossible, watch for water leaks from thermostat housing and yes I would say time for cambelt.

On 13/05/2016 at 0:15 PM, JSFocus said:

Thanks

Mine is the 1.8 Tdci, 113bhp. It's not a rough vib. i was just wondering if is normal, it's my first Ford.

According to the Haynes manual these engines are fitted with a vacuum unit on the inlet manifold to prevent engine shake as it stops. Might be worth looking at that.

On the earlier engines the high-pressure fuel pump is driven by a double-row chain from the crankshaft and the cambelt is driven from the pump. I believe on more recent engines the chain has been replaced by a wet belt. I'm afraid I don't know the current recommended service intervals for the belts. I had the cambelt on mine changed at about 75K as it was due in terms of its age but I'd have had it done well before the recommended mileage anyway just for peace of mind.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club