Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement speakers for blown Ford ones.

fladavid

Hi.

The dealer who sold me my 2005 Focus Ghia has been trying to find secondhand Ford Speakers to fit my car for a couple of weeks now and is finding it impossible to find any. 

I suggested new Speakers instead but he says he has no idea of the dimensions of the holes that hold the Speakers in the doors.

Can anyone tell me of any cheap speakers that would definitely fit my car and where I can buy them. Failing that the size of the apertures so he can look himself. 

It's the driver side front and rear that are blown, I don't know if that makes a difference. 

Thanks. 

David. 

• Like 1

:huh: seems odd its only one side back and front,  have you checked out the actual stereo?/ wiring  or balance control?

• Like 2

As ippy says check the balance control in your stereo settings in case it's turned down/off on the drivers side. (Stranger things have happened)

He sent a mobile audio guy to check it all out and he said that it was both Speakers blown. 

He left it with the dealer to source the replacements and then he will fit them. 

Are the front and rear Speakers identical so if he buys a new pair they can both be used? 

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:49 PM, fladavid said:

Hi.

The dealer who sold me my 2005 Focus Ghia has been trying to find secondhand Ford speakers to fit my car for a couple of weeks now and is finding it impossible to find any. 

I suggested new speakers instead but he says he has no idea of the dimensions of the holes that hold the speakers in the doors.

Can anyone tell me of any cheap speakers that would definitely fit my car and where I can buy them. Failing that the size of the apertures so he can look himself. 

It's the driver side front and rear that are blown, I don't know if that makes a difference. 

Thanks. 

David. 

well surely if a dealer puts NEW ford Speakers in he can get the ones from ford and they should fit your ford, why does he need to know dimensions!?  (did you smell any bull poo when he was telling you he needs dimensions) :dry:

• Like 1

I believe I mentioned he was looking for secondhand ones or new aftermarket ones which is why he needed the measurements. 

He asked me to see if anyone on here might have the answer to THAT question! 

If he gets s/hand ford ones they should go straight in and I think some aftermarket ones come with a plate or plastic surround that helps make the Speakers fit  I got some years ago when I uprated them in a ford Granada (as I say it was years ago :wheelchair:) and i think it might of even been Halfords

David. Do you have a tape measure?

Good. Get hold of one speaker and measure it's diameter. I think you'll find its either 5 1/2" or 6 1/2". Seems to me the dealer you bought the cat from is dodgy as is the so called mobile audio guy.

Did he yest the headunit?

Sounds to me it's a fault with the headunit and it'll only blow your replacement Speakers.

Look for a new headunit. Oh. And find a different dealer and a local car hifi dealer.

• Like 1

6.5 at the front rears are smaller 5.5 I think

He is dragging his feet about this I must admit,I think so he has time to buy some really cheap secondhand Speakers,which could backfire if they are also faulty when fitted.

He actually sent the audio guy to my house and he checked the whole set up. I called him to see when it was going to be done but he said that the dealer insisted he'd supply the Speakers and the audio guy would come back to fit them. 

The head unit is an eBay buy supplied by the dealer as the original was broken when I bought the car which is why I didn't know about the faulty Speakers at the time.

I needed the sizes because I know it's an awful job and I don't intend on doing it myself, that's the dealers problem not mine! 

So the dealer supplied a headset c/o eBay? If I were you I'd either 1. Give him the car back and get a refund then go elsewhere or 2. Tell him you have no faith in him and to keep the eBay headunit and give you the money to get one yourself then go to a car hifi shop and let them do the work.

• Like 2

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 0:49 PM, fladavid said:

Hi.

The dealer who sold me my 2005 Focus Ghia has been trying to find secondhand Ford speakers to fit my car for a couple of weeks now and is finding it impossible to find any. 

I suggested new speakers instead but he says he has no idea of the dimensions of the holes that hold the speakers in the doors.

Thanks. 

David. 

Need aftermarket speaker adaptors then a set of 6.5" speakers 

either in component form if there front speakers 

or 

coaxil if there rear door speakers 

all four doors take four whores and a 6.5" speaker with the additional adaptors,

I had full set of stock Speakers and binned them around a year ago as I didn't think anyone would want them😕

IMG_20150330_124645_zpsnfl4f6ew_edit_142

IMG_20150325_184220_zpsztao0nnk.jpg

here's link to the adaptors: 

Front speaker adaptors: 
  • Like 1

Well said Lenny. I forgot about the adapters (typical of me lol)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Well said Lenny. I forgot about the adapters (typical of me lol)

They bolt in using M6x20 bolts, 10mm M6 washers and nylon lock nuts both purchased separately from local DIY store 👍

IMG_20150327_130555_zpsgbsj7ecp.jpg

IMG_20150327_131635_zpsaeljzl52.jpg

Front: 
IMG_20150127_075543_zpsc6fy9tpz_edit_142

Rear:
IMG_20150127_075717_zpsaleb3jks_edit_142

That's brilliant Lenny. Thank you. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fladavid said:

That's brilliant Lenny. Thank you. 

No problem👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club