Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapping Fiesta Ecoboost?

Laird_Smith

Hello folks,

Just looking for some words of wisdom from folk here.  Recently had a discussion about remapping a Ford Ecoboost with a bloke from a local garage here in Ayrshire. Talked about a "Stage 1 remap" and the benefits in power that is had with this upgrade.  As i have never done this sort of modification to any of my cars before i am just asking around from the folk in the know of the "pros and cons" for my 99bhp Ecoboost?  More importantly, about the 'gray issue' of notifying the insurance company?

Any information would be incredibly useful!

Pro would be extra power and perhaps better fuel economy, a con would be the extra wear and tear on the clutch.

As for insurance their is no issue with telling your insurance company, just ring and tell them what you intend to do if they say no then the answer is no, either switch to another company that will allow a remap or stay and leave your car as is.  

There is no grey issue with insurance.

You have to tell them or it is fraud and you are effectively driving around uninsured.

• Like 3

Thank you gents, essentially confirmed my thoughts. I was a little suspicious with the advice i had received from the local regarding the 'gray issue' over insurance.

Thanks once again. 

Hello folks,

Just looking for some words of wisdom from folk here.  Recently had a discussion about remapping a Ford Ecoboost with a bloke from a local garage here in Ayrshire. Talked about a "Stage 1 remap" and the benefits in power that is had with this upgrade.  As i have never done this sort of modification to any of my cars before i am just asking around from the folk in the know of the "pros and cons" for my 99bhp Ecoboost?  More importantly, about the 'gray issue' of notifying the insurance company?

Any information would be incredibly useful!

Stage 1 from a reputable company such as REVO is around the 160-170bhp Mark.

Stage 2 is 170-180bhp. Stage 2 requires hardware upgrades (I've got some of it on the way already! :D )

Revo allows you to switch modes to adjust fuel quality & boost pressures etc. also allows you to set the map back to "standard" if it ever goes for warranty work etc.

The added bonus is "anti theft" where the engine will start if the regular key us inserted or even if a pc is used. It will then cut out and refuse to idle until anti theft is disabled. For £379 stage 1 it's a winner

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1