Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec s ambient lighting

ramps

Hi I've got a 14 plate zetec s I've managed to fit the led strip above the glove box as the wiring was already there does anyone know if the wiring is also there for the leds above the door pockets 

What LEDs above the door pockets?

The ambient lighting is Glove box & Cup holder in the centre isn't it?...

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I haven't had my dad's door cards apart yet, but there is a loom required according to microcat.

I'm fitting all the ambient lighting to my dad's Zetec S over the coming months. Done the strip above the glovebox.

Wiring is present for the overhead console, we're doing that next.

10 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

What LEDs above the door pockets?

The ambient lighting is Glove box & Cup holder in the centre...

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Newer models have LED's above the door pockets now. My 65 plate Zetec has them

• Like 1

Cheers for the replys I've got the door pocket leds from a scrap car but didn't take the full door card off just the door handle 

1463416485364-352686679.jpg

Learn something new everyday. When I collected my car it had the cupholder only. So I found & fitted the glove box unit & it worked straight away. I've just looked it the door pocket and judging by the image of the part above it seems I have a hole ready to fit them! Guess who's visiting the scrap yard this week! :)  

My car says it has ambient lighting on ETIS so it's as if Ford stole parts from mine & stuck them on another haha. 

IMAG2035.jpg

Zetec S is only supposed to have the cup holder illuminated. Etis says that so the software gets programmed to turn on ambient lighting or cup holders wouldn't work. The good thing is that it means all the other wiring if present is live ready for the led modules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Zetec S is only supposed to have the cup holder illuminated. Etis says that so the software gets programmed to turn on ambient lighting or cup holders wouldn't work. The good thing is that it means all the other wiring if present is live ready for the led modules.

ah well that would make sense! haha. I cant complain as the local scrapyard doesnt seem to realise what they could ask for these parts price wise!! :D

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

That's weird as I've always imagined the Zetec S to be a step up from Zetec and my 65 plate (September 2015) zetec has the door pocket lights as well as full colour Display like the Titanium has, maybe it's something they've just recently started adding as standard for Zetec and above?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jazman23 said:

That's weird as I've always imagined the Zetec S to be a step up from Zetec and my 65 plate (September 2015) zetec has the door pocket lights as well as full colour Display like the Titanium has, maybe it's something they've just recently started adding as standard for Zetec and above?

Mine is 2014,your is 2015 so it may possibly be a new thing?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jazman23 said:

I think Ford needed to hit a certain price point so things like the led ambient lighting got dropped to pay for the body kit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

My Fiesta is a 63 plate and has the LED's above the door pockets and above the glovebox, so yeah don't know what to say about that.

• Like 1

My Fiesta is a 63 plate and has the LED's above the door pockets and above the glovebox, so yeah don't know what to say about that.

What trim level is your car?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

33 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

What trim level is your car?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

It's Zetec.

My 2013, 1.25 had the pocket lights as well as my current 2014 titanium. Thought all that stuff was standard, even the glovebox.

It seems that as above, Ford have cut the cost of the zetec S in terms of ambient lighting & a few other bits to compensate for the "sporty bits"

Either way, the car will end up with the full ambient lighting kit & another tidy little modification I've just seen elsewhere! :)

My 2015 Titanium X came with all the ambient lights 😉

On 16 May 2016 at 5:04 PM, ramps said:

Hi I've got a 14 plate zetec s I've managed to fit the led strip above the glove box as the wiring was already there does anyone know if the wiring is also there for the leds above the door pockets 

How did you manage to fit the LED strip? Where did you get the LED strip?. cheers 

Speaking of fitting ambient lightning. Does anybody know if it is possible to swap the orange LEDs over the glove box and round the cupholder for blue ones? And where to buy blue ones.

I think i've seen a Fiasta at the dealer with blue LED over the glove box and round the cupholder which matches the gauges. Can't see why FORD fittet orange ones when the rest of the ambent lightning is blue.

Speaking of fitting ambient lightning. Does anybody know if it is possible to swap the orange LEDs over the glove box and round the cupholder for blue ones? And where to buy blue ones.

I think i've seen a Fiasta at the dealer with blue LED over the glove box and round the cupholder which matches the gauges. Can't see why FORD fittet orange ones when the rest of the ambent lightning is blue.

Some fiestas have red SMDs in the instrument cluster/radio, some have blue. Hence the ones with red will match the ambient lighting. Red is also less distracting at night in my opinion!

The Ambient lighting units themselves are sealed, so it would be a case of mounting Blue LEDs in the same place and wiring them into the old connectors

• Like 1

How did you manage to fit the LED strip? Where did you get the LED strip?. cheers 

Plenty of strips on eBay, if not try your local Ford dealer.

It simply slots into place, then you'll find a 2 pronged connector to the left of the glove box plugged into a blanking plate. Unplug it and plug into LEDs

I've just checked the door pocket Ambient lighting positions for the wiring on my 2014 zetec S. No wiring is visible to me :(

I'm tempted to take a feed from the Window switch LED & run a single LED off of it through a Frost Gel and hot glue it into place..

An extra loom is needed for the doors. The connector it goes into should be behind the door release and tweeter.

• Like 1

I noticed a grey connector with 2 wires in that area but the wire seemed extremely thick for an ambient light.. suppose more digging is on the horizon! Haha

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

While I had my door cards off to fit my power fold mirrors I did notice that the door cards have the slot for the ambient lighting - I'm assuming they all do. However, from reading the above posts and searching online I know that an additional loom/bridging cable is required but I could could not find any free connector that this would connect to. Could anyone possibly shed more light on this. For reference below are photo's of my car with the drivers door card off - the free grey connector at the top is for the tweeter.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5928 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5931 - Copy.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club