Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focu 1.6TDCi 5th Gear

starbuck88

Hi All,

New to the forum. I've been offered a Focus MK2 1.6TDCi with 125k on the clock for basically nothing as he'll just take it to scrap if I don't want it.

However it doesn't go into 5th Gear.

Is it the PSA engine and gearbox in these? I've searched as much as I can but I'm unsure and did I read somewhere you could change the 5th gear without taking the whole box off?

Many thanks in advance.

PSA engine, MTX75 box

Don't know about the 5th gear but I guess it depends why its not going in, the only things I can see outside of the box is the gear stick and the two selector cables, in the past ive not been able to get in to 5th gear (or reverse) because I had blocked the free movement of the arm on the top of the box, as soon as I cleared the obstruction it changed gear without any bother.

cant be of any more help on that I'm afraid!

just a word of caution

Check for the injectors leaking, look for a build up of carbon around the injector

Ask if he has replaced the DPF (if its the 110hp version?) , or got rid of it, at 125k id expect the DPF to be screwed by now so itll either need changed or gutted, also make sure its had an oil change very regularly, every 6k is ideal.  finally make sure the turbo hasn't blown!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club