Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Diesel oil changes

MaxDee

On 17/05/2016 at 11:06 PM, TomsFocus said:

13mm on the Mk2s...  I always take the 21mm socket down there out of habit from the Peugeots! :laugh: 

Just to quote myself here...  it isn't my Focus with the 13mm plug (and rubber washer that I thought)...  No idea who's it is now, possibly my sister's c1... :blush:

c1 petrol i think is 13mm or 14mm .

focus petrol is 13mm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaxDee said:

Wow! you are so helpful Ian!! Thanks so much as I was worried. So looks normal then. Thanks for pictures :)

There wasn't that much on mine anyway.

hi max I guess the oil change etc is going well and you have found it easy to do :tongue:

4 hours ago, andypsp said:

hi max I guess the oil change etc is going well and you have found it easy to do :tongue:

Andy, Car just had an oil/filter change before I bought it by Ford so no need to change it yet! I was just looking for advice and planning really. I have ordered a 21mm socket as had a look at plug and it's defiantly 21mm. Luckily I have a 27mm for the filter!! As you said, I will replace oil/filter every 6K. Looks very easy to do! Had a look at the invoices from previous owner and noticed that the air and fuel filter was replaced just before I bought the car.

Thanks for your advice and e-bay item numbers, it help a lot.

• 4 years later...

Hi all, 

I'm trying to locate the glow plugs on mine - 1.6tdci ecoboost 2012 if anyone can help? 

Cheers!

glow plugs will be eaither at the front or back of the engine block, you may have to remove engine cover to see them if your car has the engine cover fitted

i think on 1.6tdci they are on the back, not easy to get to.  I would not recommend removing them unless you really really have to as they sometimes do snap and then you are in real trouble, partly as so hard to get there to try to drill. 

• Like 1

EcoBoost is the petrol engines, I assume you mean Econetic.

The glow plugs are just behind the injectors on the 8v 1.6TDCi, underneath the inlet manifold.