Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical

Valle46

I am a proud owner of a Mk1 Focus Pre October 2001, so i guess a y reg, 

I have this problem that the electrics are failing, i put in a brake bulb, and now when i have lights on at night, the back is completely stuck on along with bar across the top, during the day when i press the brake pedal the rear lights come on, but the front lights come at same time!!

Re placed inside courtesy bulb, after a few days it stopped working along with glove box and boot lights...I have obviously checked fuses etc, has anyone got an idea what may be the problem.... i would appreciate any feedback please...I forgot to add that the intermittent wiper does not operate or the rear wiper.. when i travelling along the central locking will click on and off..!!

the reversing light is full of water i understand this is common fault.... can i seal unit with sealant ??

• 3 weeks later...

that would suggest an earthing fault on your electrics.

Start off by checking the earth point next to the battery, then check the chassis around the gearbox to ensure there is no corrosion, as this will make for an intermittent connection. If the points look like they need a clean up, unbolt them, get a wire brush and just go to town on the area, then re-secure the earth point.

This will most likely help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club