Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which pressure washer to buy?

Taylor22

I'm looking to get a pressure washer. Only want to spend £100 or less. What are people's suggestions for which one to get in this price range? Only want it to rinse the car down and snowfoam the car. 

Nilfisk Titan! Around £100 at Argos! Go through topcashback too...

Don't got for a karcher at that price.. it'll have plastic internals & last you 5 minutes!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

I've had a karcher K2 which was £70 for about 6 years with no issue what so ever, just upgraded it to a K4 only because that was on offer.

just look around for different deals and buy the one that suits you for your budget.

• Like 1

I saw the karcher k2 compact for £49 but was wondering if that would do a good enough job. 

It'll be fine for washing the car.

i found the K4 is better with snow foam than the K2 due to the higher pressure (130 instead of 110), so would recommend getting the highest pressure model you can.

if you are going to use snowfoam get a decent lance, the ones that come with pressure washers aren't great, they don't mix it aswell as a proper lance, IMO.

• Like 1

I'd get the highest wattage you can afford and please dont get a karcher. We have dozens of them at work and we've been regretting going with karcher for years

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ive had karcher and work have, rubbish, don't last,

now I have nilfisk at home and work use nilfisk  pressure washers and vacuum cleaners, no issues at all

• Like 1

ive had karcher and work have, rubbish, don't last,

now I have nilfisk at home and work use nilfisk  pressure washers and vacuum cleaners, no issues at all

I'm another fan of Nilfisk vacs too.. their wetvacs are great

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MarksST said:

I've had a karcher K2 which was £70 for about 6 years with no issue what so ever, just upgraded it to a K4 only because that was on offer.

just look around for different deals and buy the one that suits you for your budget.

I will secon this,just got me the Karcher K2 with all the bits from aragos,if you add the bits up with it it would be a lot.

I dont think you can go wrong with Karcher,i had an old one for years and still have it and fine just wanted one with wheels

and other stuff on it.

• Like 1

I've got a vax powerwash 2000w which I am very impressed with. It's got a metal pump rather than plastic so can deal with being left in a cold garage over winter without cracking. 

The Vax website has deals on every so often. When I bought it two year ago it was £60 down from £160, and that included all the attachments and a few "solutions". 

I seem to read a lot of negative reviews about Karcher but mines still fine, gets used at least once a fortnight and has lived in cold sheds every winter, and I'm not exactly gentle with it.  I inherited it in 2011 when my Grandad passed and no idea how long he'd had it before that!

Only issue is one of the attachments is slightly broken...because I stood on it by accident! :laugh: 

My Nans neighbour has a Nilfisk which seems equally as good but isn't as old so I can't say about longevity.

• Like 1

My nilfisk is a domestic pressure washer which I bought to get my business off the ground.

A year and a half later with almost daily use (which it's certainly not designed for, specifically says don't do it)

The only problem I've had so far is a work o-ring which cost me nothing to replace.

Still as strong as the day I bought it, and you don't have a massive banana sat on your driveway whilst you're using it either.

Karcher - well marketed

Nilfisk - well built

Kranzle - beast mode

• Like 3

i got a k2 about a year ago, runs off my water butt quite well (some times drops preasure)

run it with a direct hose foam lance, works well enough for me.

G0020172.jpg

• Like 1

All pressure washers will run from a water butt/pond assuming you bleed the air out of the piping. Think about it... It's a pump..

karcher 4   not bad

I've had my Nilfisk for about five years :O Still works perfectly. I've had to change a few things (new hose, new gun replaced under warranty, a few O-rings) and it's been faultless otherwise. It's used at least weekly for car washing/domestic cleaning.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat myself.  I've heard good things about Nilfisk.  The Titan is currently £130 in Argos.  The Clean Store have some good deals on Nilfisks at the moment.  I have a snow foam lance with a Karcher attachment but these can be easily changed to a Nilfisk attachment.

• Like 1

Tesco doing a deal karcher k2 with snow foam bottle and brush £55

Hope you don't use the "car brush" on your paintwork -_-

• Like 1

Tesco doing a deal karcher k2 with snow foam bottle and brush £55

Hope you don't use the "car brush" on your paintwork -_-

No way i just picked one up had a look at the brush i wouldnt even use it on yhe wheels lol its like horse hair

• Like 1

Never heard of nilfisk but the reviews are good. Might get one of the smaller ones, not sure if 1400w is a bit too powerful. Only need to hose drives, clean cars and blast exterior windows hah

• Like 1

Had a Karcher for about 3 years cleans 3 cars most weeks stored in the garage never had a problem with it. Like everything everyone has their own favourite model and some will buy dodgy ones whatever the make. As said previously buy a good quality snow foam lance to attach to whichever you decide to get and you should be fine

Karcher K2 premium here had it for around 2 years has been brilliant, currently saving up for a Kranzle :) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club