Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What does this icon mean on nav/radio?

Jason87

What does the rectangle icon mean? The one in between kiss 101 and the time image.jpeg

looks like sd card inserted icon

• Like 1

But the icon changes as if it's a battery level, it gets half empty etc which is why I can't work it out

take the card out and see what happens to icon

did you take card out? or was icon something else?

I don't think it is the sd as I took the card out and icon stays, also the icon has at least 3 fill levels as if it's indicating battery or signal, I'm really stumped by it and wana know what it's for lol! Also yesterday on the motorway I went over a bump and my stereo (sat nav one) cut out, is this normal? It didn't feel like a massive bump so I was surprised when it cut out and had to be restarted

The travelpilot FX is a pretty delicate piece of electronics which is known for its problems. Cutting out is one of the first symptoms. Generally this problem will occur more often after it happened the first time. After the first symptoms the radio can also remain completely dead after the car has been started. In some cases the radio suddenly starts working again but this is often only for a short time.

Most of the problems are caused by a defective RAM memory and next to this the Travelpilot FX has also some other weak components which can cause problems . Replacing the affected parts is usually pretty expensive.

Great more problems lol, so it couldn't just be the bump made it cut out like any head unit would? 

I read its units made in 2008 to 2009 or something? My car was registered July 2011 so hopefully mines not affected?

All of the Travelpilot FX units are very sensitive and suffer from such problems. Not only the ones produced between 2008 and 2009. These units are very sensitive about low battery voltage. A flat batterry often damages the radio.

Bosch/Blaupunkt offered an extended warranty period for units produced during a certain production period (between 2008 and 2009). These units suffered from a number of known problems This extended warranty period ended on January 2016.  This does not mean that later Travelpilot FX units do not suffer from these problems.  

So this means mines Gona be nackered soon?

• 1 year later...

FIX!

With regards to the mentioned Blaupunkt Travelpilot fx, I have just fixed my dead one. After the snow and cold the battery died, after jumping the car the radio would not come back on, checked the fuses, all fine. Then today I read about people warming the units up with a hairdryer, i just decided to remove it and place it on top of a radiator for 15 minutes, it was very hot so 5-10 is enough. Anyway, i then plugged it back in and it is alive. It even remembers my settings and radio stations so i do not believe any memory components are faulty it is just a case of the unit going very cold in winter when theres no power to it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club