Do Not Sell My Personal Information

programming key fobs

mrmetallica

im trying to work out how to programme key fobs to the focus .

ive seen on internet that switch ignition on of 4 times is it right or rubbish ?

is there a way to do it with out software or is it elm time

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the keys can only be programmed using a suitable diagnostic system. On these vehicles it is not possible to program keys by using the procedure that worked on the MK1/MK1.5.

5 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the keys can only be programmed using a suitable diagnostic system. On these vehicles it is not possible to program keys by using the procedure that worked on the MK1/MK1.5.

just what i thought .cheers .saves me sitting in the car turning the ignition on and of like a loon .

The key remote fob can be programmed using the ignition barrel procedure on the MK2/2.5, the part that needs diagnostics is the transponder to allow the key to start the car.

See my link in my signature for a video on how to program the remote locking function of the keys, this can be done with a used or a new fob.

Forscan and a modified ELM327 interface allows transponder programming now and is worth the investment full stop.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, simcor said:

The key remote fob can be programmed using the ignition barrel procedure on the MK2/2.5, the part that needs diagnostics is the transponder to allow the key to start the car.

See my link in my signature for a video on how to program the remote locking function of the keys, this can be done with a used or a new fob.

Forscan and a modified ELM327 interface allows transponder programming now and is worth the investment full stop.

does it really work ? did try earlier but didnt work 

See my video and that shows it working. If there is no programming tone then there is either a problem or some low end cars need parts retrofitting for remote fobs to be used if the car only came with manual keys.

3 hours ago, simcor said:

See my video and that shows it working. If there is no programming tone then there is either a problem or some low end cars need parts retrofitting for remote fobs to be used if the car only came with manual keys.

mines a titanium 2.5 fl and came with fobs .ive seen the video just wish it would work for me

could be the ELM device, if its a POS from eBay brought for a fiver, its possible its just not doing the job right.

Not all ELM327 devices are the same as the next.

2 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

could be the ELM device, if its a POS from ebay brought for a fiver, its possible its just not doing the job right.

Not all ELM327 devices are the same as the next.

The issue the poster is having is programming the remote fobs which does not need diagnostics to do so.

Why are you trying to reprogram the fobs mrmettalica? What is the problem you are having?

For key programming with Forscan you need to register on their forum, go into the info page on the program on the laptop you intend to use, take the hardware code displayed and submit it to the forum.

This will give you a 2 month extended licence which adds access to MScan modules for pats coding.

Sent from my SM-G930F

1 hour ago, simcor said:

Why are you trying to reprogram the fobs mrmettalica? What is the problem you are having?

im wanting to put another fuse box in. but i cant remotly lock the car everything else works

37 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

For key programming with Forscan you need to register on their forum, go into the info page on the program on the laptop you intend to use, take the hardware code displayed and submit it to the forum.

This will give you a 2 month extended licence which adds access to MScan modules for pats coding.

Sent from my SM-G930F

ive done that now.but what would it come under do you know ?

Should have a Pats tab showing or else look in the BCM tab.

Select which one you want and click the play button on the bottom of the window ( > ).

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Select which one you want and click the play button on the bottom of the window ( > ).

Sent from my SM-G930F

cheers mate .will have a look over week end .

• Like 1

On 19/05/2016 at 6:40 PM, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

right spent a couple of hours on this.

read the gem saved info.put new gem in wrote to it but still the same.its funny because i found out to add remotes to the car with my gem you turn ignition on and off 4 time hear a beep then press remote and they install.but with the new gem doesn't work

any ideas

programming keys/fobs to the pcm/cluster for pats is sepparate to programming the fobs for central locking to work, what are you trying to do?

does the car start

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

programming keys/fobs to the pcm/cluster for pats is sepparate to programming the fobs for central locking to work, what are you trying to do?

does the car start

im putting a second hand fuse board in.when i do the remote doesnt work with the car

are the part numbers simular from old to replacement?

20 minutes ago, iantt said:

are the part numbers simular from old to replacement?

same .mine ended de replacement is je i think .from a st

im no expert on gem part numbers, but would assume its ok, as it may have come from an st i would have thought it should have the internal remote reciever is allready enabled, if it was out of a focus without remote fobs then it would have to be enabled.

your age of focus wont have audible warning of going into remote fob programming via key on /off 4 times

NOTE: Make sure the turn signal indicators are in the OFF position.

Fasten the safety belts and close all doors to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.

NOTE: The ignition must be turned to position II exactly four times during remote transmitter programming.

Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times exactly within six seconds.

Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

An audible chime will be heard (only in vehicles built before 2008 model year) to indicate that it is now possible to programme the keys for ten seconds.

Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitte

The system will leave the learning mode after the ignition switch is turned to either position II, or if no new transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds, or if eight remote transmitters have been programmed.

31 minutes ago, iantt said:

NOTE: Make sure the turn signal indicators are in the OFF position.

Fasten the safety belts and close all doors to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.

NOTE: The ignition must be turned to position II exactly four times during remote transmitter programming.

Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times exactly within six seconds.

Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

An audible chime will be heard (only in vehicles built before 2008 model year) to indicate that it is now possible to programme the keys for ten seconds.

Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitte

The system will leave the learning mode after the ignition switch is turned to either position II, or if no new transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds, or if eight remote transmitters have been programmed.

i can do this with the old fuse board but not the new one

sounds like it either needs enabling using ids or simular 

"Select the <Toolbox> tab at the top of the screen.Select <Module Programming>, <Programmable Parameter>, <Power Door Locks>, <Interrnal Remote Receiver (GEM) - Enabled>."

something like that or could be a faulty gem unfortunatly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club