Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone offer advice blackbox insurance!!!

josh_997

it pains me to say that ill need a black box but it has to be done without spending ridiculous money.

i have a 1.4 fiesta titanium mk7 and need advice for a cheap insurance company if anyone can offer advice the cheapest I've found is 1876.15

please help!!!!!

Have you tried the comparison websites? Have you tried one called Spitfire? Even go direct to some insurance companies. Good luck.

Yeah found tesco was cheaper but not heard of spitfire thanks for the heads up I'll go try it now 😊👍🏻

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

• 6 months later...

I'd really avoid it like the plague mate. I know £1800 sounds a lot but my first policy was £2200 on a 1.2. I wouldn't want to be voided if I had a smash at 32mph or something.

• 1 month later...

I'd avoid a black box if I were you - Lots of people have issues with them, they tend to be inaccurate and don't take real world conditions into account - I know several people with one who get rated down for 'harsh breaking' - They had to break hard to avoid the ***** that flew out in front of them, for example.

Don't forget that if they think your driving is poor they can increase your insurance premium as well.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I went with autosaints for my first policy £1700 and something (cheap cause I live in the sticks) they don't look at braking full stop, and they're not bad with the speeding. They give you 10% on top of the speed limit. 30mph-33mph, 40mph-44mph and so on. 

i had black box with ingenie not bad reduces my premium from over a hundred per month to about 70 ish after the year, but i had my fiesta a year after passing so had no use for them, sister hasnt passed yet and normal non box insurance was cheaper before and after passing,