Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS pump - replacement

ff2007

Hi,

Just found out the number on my ABS pump unit is 10.0206-0301.4 and it has 47 pins for the connector. Its a Focus 1.6tdci (07) - automatic. Looking on the internet, I see this part with exact part number fit also on different cars like: 1.8 petrol - 5 gear transmission, 1.4, 2.0!

When replacing it, does it have to be the exact same number or it works also with other numbers as long as it fits at the 47 pins? There are also smaller pumps out there that have 36 pins!

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Have you thought about a rebuild on your own pump? :- http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/ford_eculist.html?category=4047&model=492

If I could find a used one, I'd rather buy it than send for repair due to logistics.

Not sure if pump with different P/N works as long as it has 47 pins...

A BCM (Brake Control Module) with a 47-pin connector is part of an IVD (Intelligent Vehicle Dynamics) pump that supports ABS, ESP and TCS.

A BCM with a 36-pin connector is part of a normal ABS pump that supports ABS only. 

A different part number will work as long as it came from the correct type of vehicle. Pumps from different ford models look identical but are techically different. When I retrofitted the IVD system on my previous Focus MK2 I used a late MK2.5 pump.

10.0206-0301.4 is not a Ford part number. This is a part number of the manufacturer (ATE) that only applies to the electronic part (BCM) of the pump. This part is used on different brands/types of vehicles (with different software). The pump can not be identified by this number. There should be a paper sticker on the pump which contains the Ford part number.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

A BCM (Brake Control Module) with a 47-pin connector is part of an IVD (Intelligent Vehicle Dynamics) pump that supports ABS, ESP and TCS.

A BCM with a 36-pin connector is part of a normal ABS pump that supports ABS only. 

A different part number will work as long as it came from the correct type of vehicle. Pumps from different ford models look identical but are techically different. When I retrofitted the IVD system on my previous Focus MK2 I used a late MK2.5 pump.

10.0206-0301.4 is not a Ford part number. This is a part number of the manufacturer (ATE) that only applies to the electronic part (BCM) of the pump. This part is used on different brands/types of vehicles (with different software). The pump can not be identified by this number. There should be a paper sticker on the pump which contains the Ford part number.  

Is this the sticker you are referring to?

All I could see without removing the part was this number and when googling it associates with this part number 3M51-2C405-HC

Screenshot_2016-05-21-14-42-40.png

No, this is the part number of the electric motor.

The part number of the complete pump assembly should be printed on a paper sticker which is located on the electronic part (BCM) of the pump.

$_1.JPG

If you want I can also determine the correct part number by the VIN number of your car.

On 5/21/2016 at 7:12 PM, JW1982 said:

No, this is the part number of the electric motor.

The part number of the complete pump assembly should be printed on a paper sticker which is located on the electronic part (BCM) of the pump.

$_1.JPG

If you want I can also determine the correct part number by the VIN number of your car.

Original part has PN 3M51-2C405-HC, and the one I found locally has PN 3M51-2C405-HB.

Both have 47 pins.

Will the HB version work on the car?

3M51-2C405-HB is slightly older than 3M51-2C405-HC.

Both part numbers should be fully interchangeable.

3 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

3M51-2C405-HB is slightly older than 3M51-2C405-HC.

Both part numbers should be fully interchangeable.

So when placing the HB is it needed to reprogram it? And it can be done only with IDS?

Thanks in advance!

You only have to reconfigure the BCM and to calibrate the sensors (steering wheel position, YAW sensor, etc.).

This can be done with an ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig or Forscan software.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club