Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting dashcam to new fiesta

Chucky1234

Hi guys.

Picking up my 2016 red edition at the end of the month.

Was hopefully going to fit a dashcam to it but didn't want wires everywhere. Is it hard to fit neatly without breaking anything? Ideally I'd want to hard wire it.

Is fitting a rear dash cam even harder?

I'm getting the car on a PCP so I'm not 100% going to keep it after 3 years so is fitting dashcams wise? Will I be able to remove them just as easily?

Would appreciate as much assistance as possible, thanks guys.

Attach dash cam at the top of the screen to the left of the rear view mirror. 

Then hard wire it via the fuse box behind the glove box, then route wire up towards screen by hiding wire behind the rubber on the 'A' post & across the screen towards the rear view mirror. finally expose just enough wire to plug into dash cam. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, E5GDM said:

Attach dash cam at the top of the screen to the left of the rear view mirror. 

Then hard wire it via the fuse box behind the glove box, then route wire up towards screen by hiding wire behind the rubber on the 'A' post & across the screen towards the rear view mirror. finally expose just enough wire to plug into dash cam. 

Thank you for your help.

I have been reading generic guides online about how you'd hardwire it and where to fit it, I was more looking for specific advise about the Fiesta. Is it simply a case of pushing it behind the rubber, so no unclipping anything or risking damaging anything?

How would you go about fitting a rear dash cam, is it simple to run the power wire from the camera to the dashboard?

It is easy to wire in a dash cam. The wiring can be pushed up under the edge of the roof lining, down behind the "A" pillar cover .through a hole in the side of the dash to he fuse board behind the glove box. A rear camera can be wired the same way. The hard part is finding which fuse to wire them to.

An auto electrician will charge about £35 for each camera if you take the car to them.

Thank you. Presumably, if I was to hand the car back after the PCP, its easy to get it back into the state it was before I hardwired the dashcam, is that correct?

I just hardwired my thinkware with rear wiper as acc and used a multimeter to find a spare permanent live.

Used piggyback fuse holders.

All cables can be hidden in pillars and roof linings. 

Set camera up on windscreen, route hard wire around roof fittings and tucked into door post on way to fuse box behind glove compartment you will hardly notice the wire. I did not even have to use the sticky cable retainers supplied just tucked it in behind beading. If like me and are not confident enough to connect to fuse box pop down to Halfords and they will connect it up for you approx £20. Just make sure that you install the camera and route the hard wire before going to Halfords. Time is money.

I've just had a next base 312GW installed by Halfords... they did a great job in around 25 minutes, cables well hidden behind plastic trim and hard wired into the fusebox.

1 hour ago, kabulu said:

I just hardwired my thinkware with rear wiper as acc and used a multimeter to find a spare permanent live.

Used piggyback fuse holders.

All cables can be hidden in pillars and roof linings. 

yes but the hardwire installation is simple and easy to reverse as nothing is permanently installed.

Thanks for all your help

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a Red Edition too and have nearly finished hardwiring my dash cam. I'm just having trouble finding somewhere to put the ground wire? The instructions recommend finding a screw which is connected to the body but I can't seem to find any behind the glove box? Any help would be appreciated thanks 😊

Above the fusebox is a metal bar, you will see a stud come out of it with a nut on it, use that. Put a ring crimp on the wire first.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MarksST said:

Above the fusebox is a metal bar, you will see a stud come out of it with a nut on it, use that. Put a ring crimp on the wire first.

Can I ask which fuse you piggy backed?

23 minutes ago, captpicard said:

I did the wipers. 20A (yellow) I believe.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, captpicard said:

In the facelift you can just tap the 12v socket fuse - it's the one I'm currently using. It is also switched. Prefacelift I did wipers. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Trying to fit a nextbase dash and rear window cam to the wife’s 60 plate fiesta. Can’t see where to route the rear camera wire on the hatch itself. Taking it from the roof lining and in through the rubber guide/grommets ok but can’t see how to get it out again to the inside of the glass? Any suggestions or advice please

I recently installed a reversing camera and to get the wires through the hatch I  took off all of the linings and used a stiff wire and just wiggled it  through access hole at a time. Took 5 min. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club