Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nug878

A bit of advice, which may be more obvious for some.

5 posts in this topic

One day, inevitably, you may knock your rear view mirror off it's holder. Well this is what happened to me, well, I say me... My friend did it whilst I was in the service station answering the call of nature. So I come out of the services with my friend approaching me with my mirror in his hand. With these mirrors they attach to the clip on a ball socket, which as we learned, Is a bast... Bugger to get back on. <_<

So, with the clip still on the windscreen, my friend is now giving it his all trying to get the mirror back on. Something I found cringeworthy to watch. Then he told me to try, as he was getting frustrated and even more so because it was his fault. I line the socket together, add a very unsubstantial amount of pressure, and... CRACK. What's left behind is something I could only consider a nightmare.

Photo0192.jpg

He offered to pay for a new windscreen. But none of us had an idea how much a windscreen would cost, we though it could be anything up from £250 at least. And being a man, and slightly thick... my windscreen wasn't covered because I ofted out of the optional £17.50/month windscreen cover on the insurance. :angry:

Anyway, all isn't so bad because my new shiny windscreen is being fitted in just over an hour now. And all it's cost me my friend is £115. :D

One day, inevitably, you may knock your rear view mirror off it's holder. Well this is what happened to me, well, I say me... My friend did it whilst I was in the service station answering the call of nature. So I come out of the services with my friend approaching me with my mirror in his hand. With these mirrors they attach to the clip on a ball socket, which as we learned, Is a bast... Bugger to get back on. <_<

So, with the clip still on the windscreen, my friend is now giving it his all trying to get the mirror back on. Something I found cringeworthy to watch. Then he told me to try, as he was getting frustrated and even more so because it was his fault. I line the socket together, add a very unsubstantial amount of pressure, and... CRACK. What's left behind is something I could only consider a nightmare.

Photo0192.jpg

He offered to pay for a new windscreen. But none of us had an idea how much a windscreen would cost, we though it could be anything up from £250 at least. And being a man, and slightly thick... my windscreen wasn't covered because I ofted out of the optional £17.50/month windscreen cover on the insurance. :angry:

Anyway, all isn't so bad because my new shiny windscreen is being fitted in just over an hour now. And all it's cost me my friend is £115. :D

they slide on dont they

they slide on dont they

they slide on indeed not push hence the crack lol

No, the holder slides on (which I took off before the picture was taken). But the mirror itself clips onto the holder.

No, the holder slides on (which I took off before the picture was taken). But the mirror itself clips onto the holder.

I don't wish to state the obvious but..............