Photo

A bit of advice, which may be more obvious for some.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nug878

Nug878

Local Rep: Gwent

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Ford Model: 99 Focus 1.8TDdi LX/Ghia [AC] Estate

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

One day, inevitably, you may knock your rear view mirror off it's holder. Well this is what happened to me, well, I say me... My friend did it whilst I was in the service station answering the call of nature. So I come out of the services with my friend approaching me with my mirror in his hand. With these mirrors they attach to the clip on a ball socket, which as we learned, Is a bast... Bugger to get back on. <_<
So, with the clip still on the windscreen, my friend is now giving it his all trying to get the mirror back on. Something I found cringeworthy to watch. Then he told me to try, as he was getting frustrated and even more so because it was his fault. I line the socket together, add a very unsubstantial amount of pressure, and... CRACK. What's left behind is something I could only consider a nightmare.
Posted Image

He offered to pay for a new windscreen. But none of us had an idea how much a windscreen would cost, we though it could be anything up from 250 at least. And being a man, and slightly thick... my windscreen wasn't covered because I ofted out of the optional 17.50/month windscreen cover on the insurance. :angry:

Anyway, all isn't so bad because my new shiny windscreen is being fitted in just over an hour now. And all it's cost me my friend is 115. :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,505 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

One day, inevitably, you may knock your rear view mirror off it's holder. Well this is what happened to me, well, I say me... My friend did it whilst I was in the service station answering the call of nature. So I come out of the services with my friend approaching me with my mirror in his hand. With these mirrors they attach to the clip on a ball socket, which as we learned, Is a bast... Bugger to get back on. <_<
So, with the clip still on the windscreen, my friend is now giving it his all trying to get the mirror back on. Something I found cringeworthy to watch. Then he told me to try, as he was getting frustrated and even more so because it was his fault. I line the socket together, add a very unsubstantial amount of pressure, and... CRACK. What's left behind is something I could only consider a nightmare.
Posted Image

He offered to pay for a new windscreen. But none of us had an idea how much a windscreen would cost, we though it could be anything up from 250 at least. And being a man, and slightly thick... my windscreen wasn't covered because I ofted out of the optional 17.50/month windscreen cover on the insurance. :angry:

Anyway, all isn't so bad because my new shiny windscreen is being fitted in just over an hour now. And all it's cost me my friend is 115. :D

they slide on dont they

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

they slide on dont they

they slide on indeed not push hence the crack lol

#4 Nug878

Nug878

Local Rep: Gwent

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Ford Model: 99 Focus 1.8TDdi LX/Ghia [AC] Estate

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

No, the holder slides on (which I took off before the picture was taken). But the mirror itself clips onto the holder.

#5 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

No, the holder slides on (which I took off before the picture was taken). But the mirror itself clips onto the holder.

I don't wish to state the obvious but..............

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users