Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fixed engine light on and abs on also hand brake lightt

mrmetallica

after weeks of pulling my hair out and pulling the car apart because of engine light on also abs light on hand brake light on speedo not working. i found the problem

i was getting code u121 i think it is

the answer simple .a fuse i didnt know was there.who would believe it .lets hope others with the same problem has the same

the only thing now is when i turn on ignition i get power steering failure .no codes any ideas

fuse gone.jpgthere is normaly a black cover you have to lift

• 4 weeks later...

i sorted out why the engine light and esp light was staying on.

but on friday out with my daughter the engine malfunction warning comes on into limp mode .got home ok was all ok again and then today going to see my other daughter and it comes on again four time in a very short time .it seemed to sort itself out and got there and back .

what is it that goes on the clocks ? im thinking of getting another set to see if it goes away

the circuit board nasty solder breaking etc as the cluster is part of the can system these breaks etc cause all the symptoms that fuse is smartcharge 10amp fuse by the way

• Like 1

6 hours ago, artscot79 said:

the circuit board nasty solder breaking etc as the cluster is part of the can system these breaks etc cause all the symptoms that fuse is smartcharge 10amp fuse by the way

i dont understand the fuse bit whats that about

Probably a (low power) supply to the electronic module in the smart charge system. It is way too small for the actual charge currents. Charge may revert to non-smart without it, but I would expect an error indication of some sort.

1 minute ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Probably a (low power) supply to the electronic module in the smart charge system. It is way too small for the actual charge currents. Charge may revert to non-smart without it, but I would expect an error indication of some sort.

straight over my head lol sort of understand

the fuse is required for the smart charge if that blows the smart charge isn't working as it should

Just now, artscot79 said:

the fuse is required for the smart charge if that blows the smart charge isn't working as it should

where is the fuse then ? the car seems all ok again

You put a red ring round it in your 1st photo!

5 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

ohh thats what it is lol.im not getting the same lights on now its just the engine malfunction flashes up goes into limp mode

its pin3, reference voltage for the pcm monitoring battery voltage ! Its fed from a fuse in the CJB. The 10 amp you circled and a high resistance on the fuse contacts causes a volt drop, and the smart charge drops out !

7 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club