Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing gears

Sophiemg1

Ford Focus zetec climate 2006 turbo 1.8 young female driver clueless about cars and dads away could be over thinking but here we go.... so when I change gears they a vibrations noise/feeling not coming from under bonnet coming from else where. It happens starting from 2ND gear change up until about 2rmp then stops until I do next gear change and happens again. Am I just overthinking this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sophie (Impersonates a mechanic sucking in his breathe!)

to be honest, those engines are pretty bullet proof, and you can get a lot for them, but it all depends on the mileage. The Dual Mass flywheel can be a bit of a nightmare, and vibration is often the first sign that it is starting to misbehave and may need replacing.... What is the mileage?

It could also be something as silly as a clutch thrust bearing, but in all honesty, if your going to replace the clutch, replace the DMF as well, if you plan on keeping that car, its worth the effort.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club