Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Coolant level issue

Coogs

Hi I have a 2012 ford focus that has recently started loosing coolant, slowly going down and have had to top up. Took it to the local Ford dealer about 4 weeks ago who did 3 x pressure tests but said they could find no leaks. Tonight I noticed the driver foot well carpet is wet with what appears to be coolant. Can anyone advise what this may be, faulty heater matrix?

If so what cost are we talking to resolve, unfortunately for me it is out of warranty.

Thanks in advance

it may be the seals that join the pipes that come through the bulkhead  to the heater matrix pipework. if you can get seals then it shouldnt be to big a job.

if you cant get seals, then its going to be a new modified heater matrix with longer pipework that ilimimates the join where the leak  possibly is.

that involves dash out i think and could get expensive.

• Like 1

Does the carpet smell of anti-freeze? We have had a lot of rain lately, and some Foci (like mine) are prone to water leaks. My Passenger side footwell was soaked a few weeks ago.

I did once have a leak from the coolant tank. I put a bit of cardboard under it, and it got damp and smelt of anti-freeze. Easy, quite cheap to replace the tank, I was glad it was not head gasket or heater matrix!

Peter.

• Like 1

Pity, getting to the heater is a pain in almost all cars.

The Haynes manual description of removing the front fascia looks short and simple, until you notice the little sentence: remove the xxxx, see section aa.bb, and section aa.bb then refers you to dd.ee, and on to ff.gg, etc.

Probably only a job to be undertaken by nutters (is that how to spell enthusiasts?) or the desperately poor. I do not think it it a hugely difficult job, just rather a lot of fiddly stages. Probably best to get a decent garage (or is that a contradiction in terms these days?) to do it.

Peter.

7 hrs for a garage to do if it is heater matrix

Thanks Guys. Theyre going to look at it Thursday. Hopefully its the lesser of the evils. Not impressed given its literaly a year out of warranty though.

Cheers

Coog

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club