Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supraking's mk7.5 ZS (pic heavy)

supraking

hey chaps. so finally got hold of my car. 63 plate candy blue 125 EcoBoost.

DSC_4548.jpg

and spent 3 hours cleaning it :) got most of the grime off the alloys, squash your finger abit. got off most of the contaminants, but have got a clay bar for the weekend.

first a quick walk around, water spots from the dealer. and plenty of grime/brake dust up in them little holes of the wheels

DSC_4536.jpg

DSC_4537.jpg

so began with the wheels, bug and tar remover and ally cleaner. 2 brushes and a mitt, then finished off with a microfibre and some more alloy cleaner, then rinsed off

DSC_4881.jpg

DSC_4882.jpg

whipped out the foam, and gave it a damn good 2 bucket wash

DSC_4883.jpg

found a few spots of tar in the process. mostly the drivers door/wheel arch area, but a spot or two on the otehr side too.

DSC_4884.jpg

you really get to know a car when you wash it yourself :)

so front splitter has marks on both edges, 3 alloys are kerbed theres a scratch on the front wing, and the rear bumper has a ding

DSC_4539.jpg

DSC_4541.jpg

DSC_4542.jpg

DSC_4543.jpg

DSC_4544.jpg

DSC_4545.jpg

DSC_4546.jpg

abit annoying, i was expecting it to look better than this, but i suppose if i wanted perfection i should have saved some more and bought new.

popped out to give the cracks some extra drying time. and parked next to an st. the front bumper is alot more aggressive

DSC_4885.jpg

checked the paintwork once it was dry. doesnt need the clay bar as much as it did before i got it, but still going to be worth it, especially on the roof/rear quarters. also found it is quite swirly. may get it corrected at some point

DSC_4887.jpg

• Like 1

so then the gratuitous pose shots

DSC_4549.jpg

DSC_4550.jpg

DSC_4551.jpg

DSC_4553.jpg

DSC_4554.jpg

DSC_4555.jpg

it has an econetic badge on the rear, so cant decide whether to leave the badges, swap to ecoboost. or remove them one or both

plans are very few, want a set of wind deflectors, possibly colour code the rear diffuser to look like an st one. also fancy some fifteen52 tarmacs, but at 1300 quid they may have to wait for ever :)

• Like 5

Looking very nice! bit of work on some of those scratches and it'll make them less noticable ;-)

Just got my car back from being repaired after someone drove into me so currently waiting to give mine a propper wash :-D

• Like 1

ouch sorry to hear buddy, ive been driving so cautiously. and watching what people behind are doing to avoid that happening.

i think the rear ding should be less visible with a little bit of work.

want to get the wheels off and scrub out the arch liners and clean up the back of the wheels. then thinking paint correct the bumper and bonnet and get them clear bra'd and maybe try and find soem clear rim tape to avoid the mrs kerbing them more. this is a long term car and i want it to look better when it leaves me than it did coming to me :)

just been outside to grab an avatar pic. found i killed a few things on the photo trip

DSC_4557.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely colour mate! Take a look at my thread for some ideas if you like :smile:

• Like 1

cheers tom, it is a really nice colour. had a flick through your thread, love the zhaust

1 hour ago, supraking said:

cheers tom, it is a really nice colour. had a flick through your thread, love the zhaust

Thanks man! It's a real nice deep sound until you start getting to high revs :smile:

• Like 1

Love the colour, looks great!

9 hours ago, supraking said:

also fancy some fifteen52 tarmacs, but at 1300 quid they may have to wait for ever :)

Have you considered some Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 as an alternative? You should be able to pick them up for somewhere around £500.

• Like 1

Oo I hadn't they are quite close aren't they. May be something to consider. Cheers

• Like 1

Looks good, mate! I saw the colour the other day, then looked at my blue and my smile disappeared a little bit! The Candy Blue is definitely a great choice!

It looks like a polish / scratch remover should get out a couple of those minor scuffs, and hopefully to do something on some of that swirling, too!

My build thread is below if you wanted any ideas for simple mods :)

• Like 1

Cheers matey I was starting to think low milers were out of my price range and was considering a plum zetec with the bodykit. After weeks of searching this came up and I had to have it. Got on to my dealer asap lol.

I am tempted to try some scratch x. But going to see how much a correction would be first

I'll have a nosey through your thread, cheers

first 'mod' arrived, a nano usb stick. 16gb for a fiver. tiny little thing, no pics of it in car yet. but will grab one later

DSC_4889.jpg

DSC_4891.jpg

DSC_4892.jpg

7 minutes ago, supraking said:

first 'mod' arrived, a nano usb stick. 16gb for a fiver. tiny little thing, no pics of it in car yet. but will grab one later

I have one of those! brilliant little things, barely sticks out in the fiesta and never had a problem with it in the car :-D

• Like 1

yeah its usb 3 so should be fast enough considering once its in teh car it will probably stay there. but yeah main reason is for it to not get in the way, or look silly in teh console

• Like 1

plugged in

DSC_4894.jpg

DSC_4896.jpg

and current beading after a good wash, no polish/wax

DSC_4897.jpg

First up; the marks

Alot of the marks you've posted have breached the clearcoat and polishing/scratch removers will only make it worse.

You need to either touch It up or Have it repainted.

Secondly, the swirls.

The only look to be light, and if I'm honest a single stage would probably remove 80-90% of them although obviously you'd be better with a minimum of 2 stages for additional cut/gloss

Lovely colour too! :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Cheers ginge. I don't particularly want to touch up. So when I get a st diffuser or paint mine I'll get a bodyshop to have a proper go at them.

Swirls. I'll probably get on to a local detailer to give them a quick correction. Saves me burning the paint. 

It is a gorgeous colour. And the only way is up from here 

gave it another bath today, gave the wheels a quick once with shampoo (the fronts get brake dust on them fast) and started to work the bowl oo, will get them off at some point for a proper clean/wheel arch cleanse)

DSC_4898.jpg

DSC_4900.jpg

paintwork is really coming along, sounding less and less gravely after every wash. havent clayed it yet, ran out of time today, will wash it again next week and get the clay out on it. roof mainly.

then will be getting some mild paint correction before working on protection

• Like 3

been out to vac the inside of it (up the mrs walked through some cut grass earlier in the week, grr)

and couldnt resist, mine, next doors bogo, next door but ones kak and next door but 2s boggo with the best colour ;)

DSC_4903.jpg

• Like 1

and just thought, the aux/usb slot. does it pop out easy enough? cant do with the usb stick upside down, may flip the ports so its right way up

DSC_4894.jpg

Why not look at gtechniq C5 or similar to protect your wheels from brakedust/fallout and prevent it bonding? That way you'll have to use fallout remover like once a year instead of every few months! :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

shhh, your gunna cost me a fortune (ordered)

over the past 12 years ive gone from brushes and sponges/chammois to 3 bucket method and snow foam.

and id still consider mysefl a noobie detailer.

dont spend alot on cleaning stuff, but really want this car to be mint. or atleast, dont want it to be worse than when i got it

• Like 1

shhh, your gunna cost me a fortune (ordered)

over the past 12 years ive gone from brushes and sponges/chammois to 3 bucket method and snow foam.

and id still consider mysefl a noobie detailer.

dont spend alot on cleaning stuff, but really want this car to be mint. or atleast, dont want it to be worse than when i got it

It's worth gradually spending the cash now mate instead of in a big lump sum when it's a state in a year or two ;)

oh yeah, without a doubt. glad i bought my karcher/foam lance last year when i was searching for an mx5.

• Like 1