Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin remap

Patrico777

Hi guys

what you think about bluefin is it worth it is it safe I want to go and do it on on my fiesta it cost £359 it will increase bhp by 28 and 58nm 

For the price I'd do it. It's reasonably safe & simple.

The diesel engines found in fiestas 2002-2008 respond to mapping extremely well without needing to be overstressed! Your main restriction is actually the turbo not the engine!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

For the price I'd do it. It's reasonably safe & simple.

The diesel engines found in fiestas 2002-2008 respond to mapping extremely well without needing to be overstressed! Your main restriction is actually the turbo not the engine!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Yeah and I have slight oil from throttle body to manifold I replaced the seal bought from ford and  clesned it with carburator cleaner and it still seems to leak where the rubber is !! Not sure what could be problem

• Like 1

Did you clean both the mating surfaces before replacing the seal? Did you tighten everything up correctly?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

What you mean by mating surfaces 

Hey Guys,

I was literally gonna post this myself today as I was thinking about getting one of these for my 1.4tdci are they easy to use/fit because I literally know little to nothing about cars! 

Hey Guys,

I was literally gonna post this myself today as I was thinking about getting one of these for my 1.4tdci are they easy to use/fit because I literally know little to nothing about cars! 

Plug into the OBD Port, download the standard map, upload the remap, unplug, done. Literally as easy as can be

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Did you clean both the mating surfaces before replacing the seal? Did you tighten everything up correctly?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Me and my friend mechanic just found out what is problem the rubber hole one side there is air and bubbles coming out so ordered new one from ford £40 here is picture

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok brill thanks! sounds idiot proof which is perfect for me!!

£359 for a Bluefin?

I'd just go with a normal remap tbh.  Think I paid £150 for mine.  Which is about 3 times more than I've ever paid for an EDC15 remap, stupid EDC16 ECU. :laugh: 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

£359 for a Bluefin?

I'd just go with a normal remap tbh.  Think I paid £150 for mine.  Which is about 3 times more than I've ever paid for an EDC15 remap, stupid EDC16 ECU. :laugh: 

Where about for £150?

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just spoke to that guy £150 that is not bad !! He said I need to buy something from eBay and I forgot now lol how much was your car increased by bhp??

I have used his maps on Peugeots in the past so had no problem using him for the Focus.  Mine is a 110 model, so up to about 140bhp now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I have used his maps on Peugeots in the past so had no problem using him for the Focus.  Mine is a 110 model, so up to about 140bhp now.

Ok I will use it as well could you please tell me how it works he said I need to buy mpps ??? Also would it need to be plugged in always ? To bave the car remapedv

Ok, so you can buy the map online and it'll get emailed to you.

You then use MPPS or similar to plug between your laptop USB port and the cars OBD port.  Then using the MPPS software copy your original map and store it safely, and upload the new map.  Then unplug the laptop and it's done.  It doesn't get left plugged in.

Steve was recommending not to use MPPS on my car last year and to use BDM100 instead.  I posted my ECU to him to flash as I didn't fancy risking it myself but if he told you to use MPPS then fair enough.  I have used MPPS and Galletto software for flashing remaps on other cars without issue.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ok, so you can buy the map online and it'll get emailed to you.

You then use MPPS or similar to plug between your laptop USB port and the cars OBD port.  Then using the MPPS software copy your original map and store it safely, and upload the new map.  Then unplug the laptop and it's done.  It doesn't get left plugged in.

Steve was recommending not to use MPPS on my car last year and to use BDM100 instead.  I posted my ECU to him to flash as I didn't fancy risking it myself but if he told you to use MPPS then fair enough.  I have used MPPS and Galletto software for flashing remaps on other cars without issue.

Sound easy I also find this company http://www.jfautomotive.co.uk which is near my location they want £230 something like that dyno run warranty maybe I go with that one instead just to be safe

But first need to fix my thorttle body as oil leak from there no point I do remap lol then turbo goes as there was bit more oil than should

• Like 1