Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will This T-Cut out?

Jazman23

I was in a collision a few weeks ago and got my car back last week. Picked it up and it was raining, by the time i got it home car was filthy. I had Supagard applied when I bought the car and the front bumper was replaced as part of the repairs and supagard reapplied, advised I wait a week before I wash the car to give it a chance to seal.

Anyway, I finally get to wash and wax it after waiting the week advised and when I was finished i discovered the below while applying the wax -

2016-05-24 20.59.27.jpg

it looks like the clear coat layer has pealed or something, it isn't a scratch, it's above the paint. I washed the car with the car shampoo that Supagard provide as I find it works quite well and discovered this before I applied the wax spray...

I don't know if it was there when I got the car back from repair and just a defective new bumper or if I somehow managed to catch the hose pipe on the car when I was washing it, what do you guys think? I'm not fussed either way, If I've caused it then it's my own fault. I'm also more inclined to believe that I may have done it as I highly doubt it would have got past the repair centers Quality Control like that

So the question is do you guys think it will T-Cut out? There's a couple of smaller marks above it was well,

First of all Supaguard is a joke

Secondly, don't let T cut anywhere near your car, its horrible stuff.

Could you upload a higher quality in focus image for me to look at please?

If like you say the lacquer has peeled then it'll need a respray/touch up as polishing cannot restore paint.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

First of all Supaguard is a joke

Secondly, don't let T cut anywhere near your car, its horrible stuff.

Could you upload a higher quality in focus image for me to look at please?

If like you say the lacquer has peeled then it'll need a respray/touch up as polishing cannot restore paint.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I'll try and get a better picture in the morning, camera kept focusing on the reflection. 

Do you reckon it's likely something I've caused? Literally had the new bumper a week lol, been dirty ever since 

If I'm honest mate I can't really tell looking at the picture as its not quite in focus. If you get one in focus I'll have more chance of saying :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Right ive attempted to get some better images but not too sure if I actually have. Camera keeps trying to focus on the reflection rather than the actual mark which is quite annoying. Tried to get it from a different angle as well but that didn't focus at all. There are further marks underneath the headlight as well which I tried to get picture of but couldn't see what you think of them, I've attached them to this post. Worth nothing hat when you run your finger over the marks its smooth but if you gently run your finger nail over it you can feel it bump.

mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

mark3.jpg

Got a couple more pictures of over parts of the bumper not sure how useful

mark4.jpg

mark5.jpg

Looking at that they May quite possiby machine polish out

• Like 1

It looks to me from the 1st pic you posted as if your hose pipe caught across your car. But for that to cause those marks means 1 thing to me and that the lacquer was still soft still after you got your car back. By soft I mean it was very very slow at curing. I've seen that over the years with dodgy paints. I'd take the car back. Explain it was raining/wet when you picked it up and during the week you didn't inspect until it was time to wash your car. See what they have to say.

• Like 2

i have successfully sanded out scratches like that with 5000 grit sandpaper and polish 

+1 for a hose pipe causing the damage i think it was the pressure washer hose in my case 

• Like 1

Farecla G3 

100 times better than t cut, should have no bother getting rid of that.

• Like 1

Farecla G3 

100 times better than t cut, should have no bother getting rid of that.

Anything is better than T cut tbf

• Like 2

I'm a bit unsure which step to take really as some people have said to me that a lot of the marks couldn't have been caused by hose pipe, such as the ones under the light and other suggest only the first image may have been done by hose pipe. So do I mention it to the repair center just deal with  it my self haha

At the end of the day it up to you jazmam. Good luck with which ever way you go with it.

• Like 2

i would kick it back to the repair centre if i was you 

22 hours ago, Jazman23 said:

. I'm also more inclined to believe that I may have done it as I highly doubt it would have got past the repair centers Quality Control like that

don't be so sure i received a car back from repair centre in the rain and it looked good once it had dried there was still a dent at the impact site. orange peel paint . paint runs and a scratch all the way to bare metal. if not happy with the repair kick it back. you shouldn't have to accept a second rate repair because the insurance company wants to cheap out on a quality repair. also if a respray has taken place supaguard will need to be reapplied. you should expect insurance company to return vehicle to pre accident condition.

• Like 2

take it back and tell em this is what it looks like after you washed it, properly 

misread ya post, that was the reason for the scratch remover.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses guys. We had a little go machine polishing a small area yesterday but it made no difference. Got back in touch with Ford who will be contacting the repair center to see if they will pay for the bumper to be repaired... just got to wait now :-/ 

On 27 May 2016 at 7:58 PM, Jazman23 said:

Thanks for all your responses guys. We had a little go machine polishing a small area yesterday but it made no difference. Got back in touch with Ford who will be contacting the repair center to see if they will pay for the bumper to be repaired... just got to wait now :-/ 

Probably the best thing really, let the repair company deal with it.

• Like 2

So been back to the repair center. They where more than happy to try and polish out the scratches / Marks. A couple of the marks went but the dotted marks have just been cleaned. Gave it 3 or  4 attempts and I could still see the scratches. Then his Tone changed from nice and helpful to annoyed, he suddenly went blind and told me he couldn't see any scratches and said that if he can't see anything then thats good enough form them. Then accused me of driving my car through a bush and causing the scratches myself by cleaning the car... Not impressed

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jazman23 said:

So been back to the repair center. They where more than happy to try and polish out the scratches / Marks. A couple of the marks went but the dotted marks have just been cleaned. Gave it 3 or  4 attempts and I could still see the scratches. Then his Tone changed from nice and helpful to annoyed, he suddenly went blind and told me he couldn't see any scratches and said that if he can't see anything then thats good enough form them. Then accused me of driving my car through a bush and causing the scratches myself by cleaning the car... Not impressed

Wow, do you have any evidence of the work they've done? i.e. receipt etc? Maybe you should inform him that he needs to get his eyes tested...

Have you got any pictures or what it looks like after?

• Like 2

Wow what a pillark. If it's under the damn clear coat how could you have done it. Oaf. Get them told

• Like 1

Well Ford Accident Management spoke with the garage and basically said that the garage said they'd tried to sort it for me by polishing it out and that I signed the form when I collected the car after it's repairs stating I was satisfied... not much else I can do really than live with it and make a complaint about the guy's terrible customer service skills. I'm more than willling to make a complaint and name and shame haha

• Like 1

And in an update, my complaint letter was passed on. Car is going in to be resprayed :-)

• Like 1

Winner. Make sure you take a microfiber or two with you when it's collected. Check it over thoroughly before you drive off

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, supraking said:

Winner. Make sure you take a microfiber or two with you when it's collected. Check it over thoroughly before you drive off

Ohh I will be don't worry. Turns out I never signed a form saying I was satisfied either. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club