Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cambelt/ water pump

laumk7

Hi I hoped you chaps and chapesses would be able to help.  How much (approximately) would I be looking at to have the cambelt and waterpump replaced on a 2007 1.6 fiesta?

£419 inc max  from a ford dealer, sure someone else on here can give an estimate on independant garage.no doubt a lot cheaper. 

• Like 1

I've had the full cambelt kit, water pump, aux belt and coolant change done on a 2009 1400 fiesta for £400 all up at a ford main dealer. Tell them you got a quote elsewhere and they should match it but make sure you get an email confirmation from them of the quote and parts replaced. When I turned up and reviewed the job card with the service manager the aux belt was missing - my email was evidence enough and amended the job card accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a petrol fiesta by the way

• Like 1

Hi thanks. This is a petrol fiesta, a 1.6, I've been quoted a 'cost' job from the garage of 195. I think I'll chew their arm off at that price lol

Sounds good, just check what parts they're using (genuine/aftermarket) and what parts they're replacing. At that sort of money I doubt the water pump will be being replaced let alone other parts

• Like 1