Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S problems!!!

Adam Gallagher

Hi guys,

I was looking for some advice i have a 15 plate ford fiesta Zetec s got it in June and have just started to notice a few issues.

• I have squeaky brakes when breaking moderately-sharply

how much would this cost to fix, can i take it and get it fixed under fords warranty?

• Passenger side window going right back down when i use the automatic windows up (so press up and when it reaches the top it goes right back down.) -intermittent fault

again how much would this cost to resolve and would ford cover this under warranty?

• steering wheel volume controls and skip track and voice command not responding when pressed -intermittent fault (50% of the time i start the car)

again how much would this cost to resolve and would ford cover this under warranty?

• passenger side window rattling , this is a small issue that is not noticeable with music on but can be annoying as it will make a slight rattling noice when it is up - again intermittent fault

Any advise on how much this could cost and if ford should warrant this would be great thanks a lot for the help!

cheers,

Everything you've listed would be looked at under warranty, but it depends if they can repeat the issue at the time, to be able to fix it. Or if it is deemed to be wear tear, you'll have to pay - but the inspection should be done under warranty until they can determine the cause.

For the window re-opening, I'd reset the position, that should fix it:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63555-one-touch-electric-windows-problem/

As for the rattle, sometimes they can be fixed, sometimes not. Fords rattle a bit, any car will with music cranked up loud enough (if Speakers can put out the volume).

17 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Everything you've listed would be looked at under warranty, but it depends if they can repeat the issue at the time, to be able to fix it. Or if it is deemed to be wear tear, you'll have to pay - but the inspection should be done under warranty until they can determine the cause.

For the window re-opening, I'd reset the position, that should fix it:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63555-one-touch-electric-windows-problem/

As for the rattle, sometimes they can be fixed, sometimes not. Fords rattle a bit, any car will with music cranked up loud enough (if speakers can put out the volume).

Cheers Alex,

Ill contact ford and get it in for this weekend. And ill try resetting the windows.

Ive had no rattles in any of my 3 Zetec S Ecoboosts

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

You obviously haven't had them long enough, lol.

• Like 1

Try resetting the sync unit to solve the issue with the steering wheel controls. Pull the fuse for it behind the glovebox and wait ten mins then reinsert and it will hard reset.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CREED said:

Try resetting the sync unit to solve the issue with the steering wheel controls. Pull the fuse for it behind the glovebox and wait ten mins then reinsert and it will hard reset.

i have already done multiple hard resets by disconnecting the battery for 10-20 min. issue is still occurring. :(

12 minutes ago, Adam Gallagher said:

i have already done multiple hard resets by disconnecting the battery for 10-20 min. issue is still occurring. :(

Try taking it in to Ford, then when the tech sits in the car to see the issue, it will fix itself. Worked for my Sync issue, haha.

20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Try taking it in to Ford, then when the tech sits in the car to see the issue, it will fix itself. Worked for my Sync issue, haha.

i have had it in at ford twice in one month for this issue and they always do f**k all, they say it tested fine and give it back.... if i book it in again i will be waiting and showing the tech the problem so he cannot say it was working fine...

They should get you to show them the issue anyway, otherwise how do they know what they are looking for, or how to re-produce it.

Ask for the chief tech or service manager to come out and you'll show them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They should get you to show them the issue anyway, otherwise how do they know what they are looking for, or how to re-produce it.

Ask for the chief tech or service manager to come out and you'll show them.

yeah will do :) Cheers

10 hours ago, alexp999 said:

This happened to me, It was taking 10 attempts sometimes to turn the key in the ignition, couldn't get it into Ford for nearly 3 weeks, then they couldn't reproduce it and it's been fine ever since.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2016 at 7:34 PM, Pullock said:

This happened to me, It was taking 10 attempts sometimes to turn the key in the ignition, couldn't get it into Ford for nearly 3 weeks, then they couldn't reproduce it and it's been fine ever since.

lucky that you don't still have the issue but i do, ford did nothing as they could not reproduce the issue but as soon as i got it back the issue was still happening.... -_-