Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOT been defrauded??? Long Post

ryan1995fiesta

So hey guys 

I purchased this car from a dealer and they got it a complete 1 year MOT. I decided today to go through all the MOT documents to see if anything was logged in the due to change area, for example break hoses or tyres etc etc. There was nothing.

Then I got to page 2 which was the brake system test. Again it all passed.

Now here is where I got suspicious. The third page is regarding exhaust emissions. Everything passed except the registration number does not match my car. Mine is YM53 SOA the reg here is noted down as ST07 ABZ. After a quick check on the registration I didnt recognise it came back as  (ST07 ABZ is a Silver 2007 Toyota Yaris Zinc D-4d with a numberplate first registered in Dundee between March and August 2007. This Hatchback was first used on the road on Monday 26th March 2007. )

Now this is unusual because last time i went outside my motor was a ford fiesta MK6. It also states that my engine speed measurement was bypassed. Here is the test results for the test:

Fast Idle Test

Engine Speed , Limits (2500 - 3000rpm) / Actual Value (Manual Check) / Result (Pass)

CO Test , Limits (<=0.200%) / Actual Value (0.084%) / Result (Pass)

HC Test , Limits (<=220ppm) / Actual Value (19ppm) / Result (Pass)

Lambda Test , Limits (0.970 - 1.030) / Actual Value (1.005) / Result (Pass)

Neutral Idle Test

Engine Speed , Limits (450 - 1500rpm) / Actual Value (Manual Check) / Result (Pass)

CO Test , Limits (<=0.300%) / Actual Value (0.283%) / Result (Pass)

All the above is the result however the vehicle details read this

Vehicle Details

Vehicle Manufacturer - Left Blank

Vehicle Registration Number - ST07 ABZ

Vehicle Model - Left Blank

Engine Capacity - Left Blank

Fuel Type - Left Blank

Odometer Reading - Left Blank

Hell they were even stupid enough to give me the customer copy and the station copy of the results. The emissions test sheet only of course. 

The MOT paperwork has the DVSA logo on and the odometer reading in the front box seems to match up to the log book. 

The car itself Idles at 1500rpm from cold start but according to official car owners manual the engine should idle at 750rpm  with fan switched on? What does all this mean :/ 

I only went to check this as I was doing a routine service. Changing the cabin filter, air filter, topping up coolant etc and well was gonna change the spark plugs to see if idle drops to where it should be unless thats the wrong thing to do. 

I am baffled and clueless at this time so any help would be grateful sorry for the long post 

Cheers 

Ryan

Take the car back to the dealer and ask for an explanation then contact the Police either way!

• Like 1

It may be that they crossed the papers for two cars. Maybe have a word. Or get them to re test it

If they did it on purpose it would have a different reg

They have got paperwork muddled up with another car, that car probably got your emmisions sheet by accident, just contact the garage and they should be able to do a copy of your emmisions test off there emmisions testing machine.

• Like 1